paranoia101

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Well, I have my new pc ( custom ) and it's been running fine for a few days. Until today. I don't know what happened but the screen just became static for a second and windows then shut down. I have windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. I restarted it, and instead of 6 cores, it showed 5 cores. I used it for another 30 mins, then it happened again. This time, it went into system repair on startup. It worked and I used it, for ANOTHER 30 mins. Then, *sigh* it happened once more. After that, it wouldn't start up at all. The fans were spinning and LED's lit up, but the monitor remained blank. Only after I pressed the RESET button on my motherboard. It was fine, and I thought the problem was gone.

I was wrong. It was fine for a whole 2 hours, but it crashed again. So, what the HECK is wrong with my pc? It burned a hole through my pocket, so don't tell me that it's screwed. Is my BIOS corrupted? ( I dont know what that means, my friend just told me ) IS my CMOS battery faulty? Or could it be someting I downloaded onto my pc? PLease help. :s

PC SPECS
________

MOtherbOard= Crosshair Formula IV
Processor= AMD Phenom II
Graphics Card= HD RADEON 6950
Casing= HAF 912
PSU= Coolermaster Cool'n'Quiet 730

what worries me is that it only shows FIVE cores. could be your CPU

what are your CPU temps?

the battery only supplies power to the BIOS to retain info while the computer is turned off and has nothing to do with the functionality of your computer.

The only way your BIOS gets corrupted is by a bad BIOS firmware upgrade which would not allow you to boot your computer at all.

it sounds like a hardware issue.

could be CPU, MOBO, Video Card, Hard drive, or memory.

Check all your temperatures.

try to run Speccy which will show you the temps of your components.
http://download.cnet.com/Speccy/3000-2094_4-75181811.html

paranoia101

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
I really hope it aint a hardware issue, 'cos i'd be screwed. Well, a lot's happened over the past few days. It stopped for a while, then came back and it repeated. Now with a constant blue screen with error,s MEMORY_MANAGEMENT and BAD_POOL_HEADER, those are the ones i manage to see. And worse, one core is down, again! Previously, a restart would bring it back, but now, no.

It's getting worse. No temperature problems so far. Have yet to check RAM with memtest. I can tell the core isn't down, but the thread ( whatever that means ).
I can send u the CPU-ID report if u want. Pls help

paranoia101

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2011
Ok, this pc is a bundle of problems. Not selling it, but will restoring everything and installing drivers from scratch help? I may have done goofed in the beginning with some stuff I shouldn't have messed with.. (BIOS) now im getting some 'bad bios checksum starting bios recovery' errors. pls advice.