New i7 build, wont start up!!

hatemf90

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
gigabyte ga-x58-ud3r

i7 920

9600 gso

zalman cnps 9900-led

So I put the i7 slowly into the motherboard and it fit perfectly, applied thermal paste, then installed cpu fan, then found out I had installed it the other way around, so I removed it and put it back again, then I put the 9600 gso and pluged in the psu and started.... and nothing showed up on screen, didnt even light up like I didnt even connect the monitor to PC, I put an old ATI card, still got the same result

Ive run out of ideas, and starting to worry about the hardware I bought or if I messed something up while installing things...

if any one had a similar problem please enlighten me... im getting desperate.

thanks.

yomamafor1

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2007
Some installation steps to look out for:

1. Are the memory proper installed? You have to fill all of the DIMM_A1, DIMM_B1, and DIMM_C1 before you can move on to DIMM_A2. You have to consult your user manual to see if you actually installed them properly.

2. Is the BIOS up to date to support the latest steppings? Some early BIOS do not support D0 chips.

3. Reset BIOS

If you have tried everything above, then strip all of your system just down to several things: CPU, motherboard, memory, and GPU. If the board provides a way to check the boot status (like the ones on EVGA), then strip off the GPU as well. See if the board does POST.

Hope these help.