Sign in with
Your question

My new laptop

Last response: in CPUs
September 3, 2011 3:57:39 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a custom laptop made for the start of school this year and I have been saving and saving to get the best parts (that the website has to offer). It has to be a laptop as well as I will be travelling a lot on the weekends.

Anyway for the past year I have been getting into Adobe products a lot ready for my course and I was wondering if my new laptop could handle rendering - or even allow me to install the products onto the laptop in the first place. Adobe and laptop specs below:

Adobe:

Windows Intel® Pentium® 4 or AMD Athlon® 64 processor (Intel Core™ i3, i5, or i7 or AMD Phenom® II recommended); 64-bit support required
64-bit operating system required: Microsoft® Windows Vista® Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, or Enterprise with Service Pack 1 or Windows® 7
2GB of RAM
3GB of available hard-disk space plus 2GB of space for optional content; additional free space required during installation (cannot install on removable flash storage devices)
1280x800 display with OpenGL 2.0–compatible graphics card
DVD-ROM drive
QuickTime 7.6.2 software required for QuickTime features
Broadband Internet connection required for online services and to validate Subscription Edition (if applicable) on an ongoing basis*

Laptop:

1920 x 1080
Intel i7 Quad Core Mobile Processor i7 - 2820QM (2.30mhz) <<<<<<<<<<< I was mainly worried about that as I thought it would be crappy because its a mobile processor?
8GB Kingston Hyper X 1600MHZ DDR3
Nvidia GeForce GT 555M
2 x 120GB Intel 510 SSD SATA 6Gb/s
Sony Blu Ray
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition

I just would like to know that I would be able to run Adobe After Effects as I really love Apple but I just can't justify the price for the brand name and I have built a desktop before but laptops are like totally new to me.

Thanks to anyone who inputs.

More about : laptop

September 3, 2011 6:19:32 AM

The laptop specs look solid. Don't think you should have any problem running Adobe on that.
Oh and the CPU, don't worry, laptops usually have mobile processors only. Don't think you can fit that massive heatsink inside a laptop body...

Windows 7 Ult should be 64 bit though, I'm only saying cuz you didn't mention it there... (but with 8GB ram only a fool would get 32 bit OS! :D  )
Related resources
!