M4A89GTD PRO won't post

merigold

Honorable
May 22, 2012
Hello,
I updated my bios from v2301 to v3027, now the computer will not post and i can't seem to recover the old version.

dormantreign

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
I'm pretty sure this model as the crash free bios. If something goes wrong with a flash, in other words, there a backup system for you to fall back on to revert the changes. I have the same board and i know i read about it in the manual. If you don't have your manual goto the asus site and download the PDF. I think you hold a button when you turn it on to get into the tool. Good Luck.

phresh_5

Honorable
Oct 16, 2012
Same thing happened to me updating my firmware to the new 3029.

The Asus EZ Flash 2 program looked like it successfully completed the flash and automatically restarted the computer.
Except it restarted to a blank screen. The monitor wasn't detecting a signal.

Pulled the side panel and noticed the MemOK red Led was on constantly. Held the MemOk button for 3 seconds and it began to blink (going through the different memory configs, I guess). Still nothing.

I've tried many different combinations of the memory slots. I have 4 sticks of 2gb DDR3-1333 at the standard 1.5v.
These sticks worked fine before and were listed in the Qualified vendor lists.

I've tried to unplug all Drives and keep the CD-Rom in with the Asus MB disc. Also with a USB stick containing the Asus Flash bios under Dos utility as well as the new 3029 rom file.

I've tried unplugging the gfx card and using the on board video, still nothing comes up on the monitor and the red MemOk Led lights up solid a few seconds after starting up. All fans are working and so does the CD-Rom.

I've tried clearing the CMOS by switching the jumper and also removing the battery for 10mins.

I'm stuck. The bios update couldn't fry all my ram at once could it? :(

Simple_1

Reputable
Feb 5, 2016
I have the same problem. I've tried so many things, nothing resolves my issue. Crashfree doesn't work. Any advice? Was just using it, use it everyday. Updated bios to use Ufei and then no post...
P.s mem led is red, pressing mem ok doesn't help.

xsaturn

Commendable
Apr 22, 2016

I have the same issue. now i am wishing I have not updated my bios. did anyone have a solution for this? so frustrating. :(