pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
hi,

might anyone have any idea as to why,when enabling cfx on my 6990's and attempt to run crysis 2 it attempts to load, gets to the first screen and crashes to the desktop?

I trid both 11.2 drivers and the app profiles, no luch..then i figured I would try the preview driver and nothing.
Come to think of it, even when trying to run homefront with cfx it would do the same thing..
I figured I could crank out some extra FPS in a res of 5760x1080 in eyefinity with 2 cards..one card at that res maxes out at 25 fps..

system is a 980x with 12 gig ram and dual 6990..asus p6t deluxe v2 board win 7 ultimate..\
is this an ati driver issue?

I did notice earlier that the system was giving me the BSOD with a message..something about atikmag.sys..
which driver should i run to get the cfx I want out of these cards?
any ideas?

thanks for any feedback.

Bigmac80

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2011
i've heard that crossfire or sli is bugged for crysis 2...but mainly for amd 6990, ive seen videos of like some kind of flickering while playing crysis 2...i think because it's a console ported game.

Helltech

Distinguished
Yeah, Crysis 2 isn't working well on SLI/CF and dual-GPU setups. Sometimes it works fine, othertime it doesn't at all. It seems like "most" problems are with AMDs dual GPUs, you're going to have to wait for an update for the game or a driver update.

There is a fix about changing the game's .exe to bioshock(?) i think and then running the bioshock CF profile for the game, but I don't know anything about that. Just google 6990 Crysis 2 and Bioshock and I'm sure you will find something.

pnico

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
hi,

Yes with one card the game runs..even with eyefinity it works just takes a bit of a FPS hit down to 25 FPS at 5760x1080..

I can take the down the res a bit and it works well..

Was hoping to use my second card for max perf.. hopefully this will be addresses in the next driver ?

Iguess I;ll wait to play crysis then..