Gaming pc Born in South Africa

julzfromsa

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Hi Every1

Hope u guys are well. Guys im needing some advice. Im building a new pc, and id like your input/opinions. It would help allot.

So here it is.

CPU- 2500k
GPU- AMD 6950 in crossfire
MOBO- Gigabyte UD5
PSU-Corshair AX850
RAM-8gig corshair vengence
COOLING- coolermaster 212+ with push pull config. (excalibur fans from cm)
CHASSIS-HAF 932
MOUSE-Roccat Kone +
Sound Card and Headset- Asus Xonar Xense Bundle
Windows 7 64 bit home prem.

I game using a 23 inch samsung LED but want to get a 27" in the future.

The Machine is for Autocad, Revit, Architectural programs, and photoshop. I game competitively. Mainly Blackops and MW2. Its basically a gaming pc

Julzfromsa

Rusting In Peace

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
The 2x6950 should run very well and shouldn't be bottlenecked by the 2500K.

Every component seems great. Even the PSU is rock solid!

Given the price of storage these days you'd be better off just picking up a 2TB drive instead of a 500GB.

I'd definitely have a look at this SSD Ranking page. Then just choose the most performant based on how much you are willing to spend.

^+1

I use AutoCad 2012 on my PC and have no major issues, so the added GPU in yours will really speed up rendering and the like.

I'd also recommend taking a look at the Roccat Kave headset. I bought one 3 months ago (had to get it shipped overseas to the US), and was actually recommended it by another South African. Nothing beats true 5.1

julzfromsa

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
Thanks for the replies guys. I already have bought the ASUS xonar Xense and I must say that im loving it. I have heard awesome things about the kave though. "Rusting in Piece", The 500 gig is considerably cheaper than the 2TB. Almost half the price, so thats why Im going for the smaller drive. Im not a space hog, and i store most music and movies on my laptop anyways.

julzfromsa

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011

In South Africa the 2500K goes for R2000.00 (TWO Thousand Rand), and the 2600K is about R3000.00. So its about a third more expensive. One question to anyone that can answer

Are the next gen INTEL cpu's going to be supported by P67 and Z68?

julzfromsa

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011

So for Now im thinking the 2500k will be what ill get until new CPU'S arrive. Does any1 see my logic?

Any one have any opinions on the MOBO. I really wanted the EVGA P67 but i really want to get my degree as-well, and it looks like i could get them in like 2 years from now. EVGA boards take forever to come to South Africa.

Maybe MSI?

Asus?

We don't get Asrock here so, no hope in getting one.

If you go with the i5-2500K, just stick with it. There's no point in upgrading that CPU when you could just OC it. It works fine with AutoCAD, and should work well with the other programs.

I'd recommend Asus and Gigabyte, if you can get them. EVGA's boards are too expensive for what you get (learned the hard way), and EVGA's motherboard team recently left and went to Sapphire.

julzfromsa

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
No body has said anything BAD about the UD5 so ill be sticking with that choice. Thanks for all the input guys. Any one have any good ideas on a Sweet monitor. I dont want to spend mpre than R3000.00 so thats like 300 dollars.

The Gigabytes are pretty good. My UD4 is a solid board. If there's a cheaper option for either the UD4 or the P67X-UD3 (NOT the P67A), go with one of those; the motherboard isn't going to make a huge difference except maybe in OCing, which they UD4 has been confirmed to do well.

I'd also recommend sticking with your 23" monitor. 23 is basically the standard now, so you could actually pick up another down the road, and probably for pretty cheap.