Case mod for motherboard

USAdystopia

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Are there adapters available to change the motherboard stand off locations? My motherboard needs to be lowered 3/4" or so to accommodate radiator fans and the ram interferes with installation in a Corsair 600T. A plate that could be screwed into the existing standoffs with holes drilled for new standoffs?

Solution
there really isn't any room in the 600T to put fans in a push/pull configuration. there's really just room for the fans up top and a thin (35mm) radiator inside the case.

moving the motherboard in any way would chance the alignment with the rear of the case (the rear I/O, pci slots) not to mention that there's the issue with coming into contact with the PSU at the bottom.

If you really must have push/pull fans on your rad, I'd suggest mounting the radiator off the back, outside the case.

The 600T is a big mid-tower, but it's still just a mid-tower.
Short answer is no, although making such a plate up could be done it would raise the mobo, not lower it, aah,no wait I see what your after, you dont want to raise or lower the mobo, you want to move its location to lower in the case
remember, any movement of the mobo changes your alignment with pcie slots,
in practice the mobo stays where it is and you alter things to suit that,
what exactly is hitting the ram? the radiator or the fans from it?
its either serious modding time or change the radiator fan config to suit the case
post a pic if you can?
Moto

USAdystopia

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
The lower fan is blocked by the RAM sticks. Possible solution would be to make a horizontal bracket 30mm or so wide that would be attached to the 3 existing standoffs x 3. A new standoff hole would be drilled 20mm or so below each existing standoff location...lowering the mobo so that the video card would fit the next expansion slot.

Took a photo and outlined proposed solution but unable to post it here.

USAdystopia

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
That was my first thought...unfortunately, there is a cutout to access the back of the motherboard so the top three stand offs CANNOT be lowered.

Brackets would not necessarily need to be metal; would they?

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009
there really isn't any room in the 600T to put fans in a push/pull configuration. there's really just room for the fans up top and a thin (35mm) radiator inside the case.

moving the motherboard in any way would chance the alignment with the rear of the case (the rear I/O, pci slots) not to mention that there's the issue with coming into contact with the PSU at the bottom.

If you really must have push/pull fans on your rad, I'd suggest mounting the radiator off the back, outside the case.

The 600T is a big mid-tower, but it's still just a mid-tower.

Solution

USAdystopia

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
You are correct...forgot about the I/O openings! Will probably have to use just the two fans in the recessed area at the top of the case. Will see how everything fits after installing the motherboard on this build.

It appears that the fan/rad/fan assembly can be mounted with a bracket modification to the right of the motherboard on the hard drive cages themselves with plenty of room to spare. Air would cross over the video card slots as well. 200mm fan on top recess would not need to be removed. There is a 200mm fan on the front of the case to supply air to the rad assembly.

This may be the solution to adopt for this case.

Thanks for the help!

bejabbers

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2009

No problem.

I have the 600T, so I know more or less what can fit inside. I've managed to stuff 3 radiators into mine, which could give you some ideas for your own build:

bottom of the page

USAdystopia

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2011
Another solution is to mount the fan assembly in the top of the case NOT using the factory eight screw holes in the mesh but mounting as close to the access door as possible using five screws.

Purchasing the replacement mesh door gives you a mounting option since there are mounts for 4 fans on it.