Nokia Ngage

Last response: in Video Games
Share
October 1, 2004 2:38:19 AM

Has the Nokia Ngage flopped yet?
It seems rubbish compared to the Gameboy Advance SP

More about : nokia ngage

Anonymous
October 1, 2004 6:23:52 AM

me@privacy.net wrote:
> Has the Nokia Ngage flopped yet?
> It seems rubbish compared to the Gameboy Advance SP

Come back 6 months ago. Bashing the Ngage wore out slightly after they sold
their first unit last month.

;)

Nah, but seriously... I've seen the Ngage in action in two places: a display
model with a holographic sticker on the screen at the mall's Nokia station,
and as product placement on One Tree Hill (a dumb show, IMHO... but there's
sometimes worse on). I have yet to see a real teen use an Ngage, PERIOD, and
don't expect him to be bashing his GBAsp-playing friend while he squints at
Tony Hawk made of three tiny triangles.

As the old argument went, the Ngage does many things very, very poorly.

--
-----------
Deep Thought

> > Has the Nokia Ngage flopped yet?
> > It seems rubbish compared to the Gameboy Advance SP
>
> Come back 6 months ago. Bashing the Ngage wore out slightly after they
sold
> their first unit last month.
>
> ;)
>
> Nah, but seriously... I've seen the Ngage in action in two places: a
display
> model with a holographic sticker on the screen at the mall's Nokia
station,
> and as product placement on One Tree Hill (a dumb show, IMHO... but
there's
> sometimes worse on). I have yet to see a real teen use an Ngage, PERIOD,
and
> don't expect him to be bashing his GBAsp-playing friend while he squints
at
> Tony Hawk made of three tiny triangles.
>
> As the old argument went, the Ngage does many things very, very poorly.

Even though they just released the N-Gage QD, Nokia is apparently also
working on an "N-Gage 2". Maybe their next attempt will be better, but I
don't think they'll have a chance; the DS, the PSP, and their own reputation
will precede them.
--
//mike tyndall
C++ programmer and game designer (not professionally)

I doubt any gamer who's into portable gaming takes the N-Gage seriousily.
Even though they claim t have shipped/sold 1 million units worldwide, the
system will be long forgetten by years end with the DS and PSP releasing.

Video gaming and phones don't mix in other words.

"Mike Tyndall" <Mike_Tyndall_1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Has the Nokia Ngage flopped yet?
> > > It seems rubbish compared to the Gameboy Advance SP
> >
> > Come back 6 months ago. Bashing the Ngage wore out slightly after they
> sold
> > their first unit last month.
> >
> > ;)
> >
> > Nah, but seriously... I've seen the Ngage in action in two places: a
> display
> > model with a holographic sticker on the screen at the mall's Nokia
> station,
> > and as product placement on One Tree Hill (a dumb show, IMHO... but
> there's
> > sometimes worse on). I have yet to see a real teen use an Ngage, PERIOD,
> and
> > don't expect him to be bashing his GBAsp-playing friend while he squints
> at
> > Tony Hawk made of three tiny triangles.
> >
> > As the old argument went, the Ngage does many things very, very poorly.
>
> Even though they just released the N-Gage QD, Nokia is apparently also
> working on an "N-Gage 2". Maybe their next attempt will be better, but I
> don't think they'll have a chance; the DS, the PSP, and their own
reputation
> will precede them.
> --
> //mike tyndall
> C++ programmer and game designer (not professionally)
> See my 329-game collection:
> http://users.ign.com/collection/MikeTyndall

October 1, 2004 5:59:23 PM

"Ice Wipe Inc." <birdworm12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I doubt any gamer who's into portable gaming takes the N-Gage seriousily.
> Even though they claim t have shipped/sold 1 million units worldwide, the
> system will be long forgetten by years end with the DS and PSP releasing.
>
> Video gaming and phones don't mix in other words.

Have you seen the Gizmondo? (http://www.gizmondo.com)

Its not quite a phone but it does all the rest (SMS, games, media player,
GPS, etc.)
!