Sign in with
Your question

Motherboard Drivers

Last response: in Motherboards
May 23, 2012 1:42:19 AM

Hi all. I have just purchased a new processor (Phenom II x4 965 BE), RAM (G.Skill 4GB) and motherboard (ASUS M5A78L-M LX PLUS)
My friend told me that I would have to uninstall my old mobo drivers in order for the new mobo to work correctly. I need to know how to do this.
Thanks in advance, L4L17

OS- Windows 7 Ultimate x64

More about : motherboard drivers

a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2012 2:47:04 AM

When you install the new MB and CPU, you will need to install the drivers that came on the MB CD/DVD.

You will als need to reinstall the OS.
m
l
a c 150 V Motherboard
a b \ Driver
May 23, 2012 2:50:15 AM

redo a complete system set up reformat the hdd and install the os using the new board and parts after install the board cd/dvd that came with her
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2012 2:50:32 AM

If you change out the motherboards, usually it means you need to reinstall Windows.

Not that it is a bad idea to do this anyway every once in a while to get rid of all the crap that builds up on your computer as you install and uninstall things all the time.

However, I have heard of the thing your friend mentioned, where somebody can clear the stuff that ties the system to the motherboard out of Windows and then change the motherboard and get it going again more quickly.

You might want to try using Sysprep for that. I don't know how you might get it, but it should be gettable somewhere. Maybe off of Microsoft's website for free.
m
l
May 23, 2012 10:12:22 PM

I just came across something... A thought. Mind me, I'm not very good at this file stuff, but since I just reinstalled windows a few months ago, and never even bothered to install anything for the motherboard, would I be good to go, or would it auto install?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
May 23, 2012 10:35:49 PM

Stuff gets installed that relates to the motherboard as part of setting up Windows. You don't have to install the motherboard separately once you install Windows.

I am not talking about the BIOS here, I am talking about Windows drivers.

I doubt it will work.
m
l
!