Sign in with
Your question

Newer video card installation problems dell gx620

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 27, 2011 3:25:43 PM

Hello,

I am trying to install a galaxy geforce 210 video card- after installation of the card into the pcie slot-the black screed identifies the card (top left ) then the dell windows & windows XP boot screens appear-then a blank screen-the card info says XP is supported-called galaxy-told me i needed to update my bios which I did to A 11 version, the latest version-same thing happens-I have fully updated Service pack 3-I have tried both "auto" & "onboard gpeg" as primary video in he bios-SAME RESULT I have the required 305 watts power supply- any suggestions?
April 4, 2011 12:11:53 PM

Hello,

I am having the same problem as BillN. I have tried two old PCIe cards, a Radeon x300 and an x1300, on a GX620 with A11 BIOS.

I believe that the problem is with drivers or system settings, but I can't figure it out. Initially, both cards would show video, booting into XP at low resolutions. After attempted install of Radeon 10-3 legacy drivers pack, the problem of no more video appeared. During installation of the drivers, the only options available were items which did not match the cards -- USB video devices??

I've tried uninstalling the drivers and running Driver Sweeper, but with both cards, the screen blacks out shortly after the Windows XP startup screen.

Help, please!

Thanks.
!