Motherboard finder

adumicic

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hey all,

I've made up a new site that I hope will help people find the motherboard that suits their needs.

It's available at www.mynewmotherboard.com

I'm really interested in what the community thinks of the site. Please be aware that it is not featuring all motherboards yet, but there is a few hundred, so that'll hopefully be enough to get an idea if it's of use...

Let me know what you think

I think that any such database would need to provide something more useful than what newegg can provide.

Right now you can't even search by price.
You need to distinguish between internal and rear USB ports. Above all your site would need to be flexible.
You need to have your database configured so that adding things to it, as new developments occur, will be easy.

Suppose I want an H77 board with an internal USB 3.0 header for under $130? You at least need to have the results sorted by price.

adumicic

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Yep, those are all fair points. We are in fact in the process of adding a bunch more fields to search by, almost doubling the number actually.

It's actually the price that is harder to implement currently, but we'll look into that regardless. We had hoped that the current sorting by price would suffice, but can understand how people would want more than this.

We also intend to add other places to buy from as time goes by, such as newegg or tiger direct. No timeline on when this will be done however.

As far as being able to adjust as times change, that's something that we can easily accommodate, so will hopefully be able to stay relevant in the future.

Basically we wanted to first see what could be done, then see how useful it will be in the real world.

Cheers for the feedback!