Sign in with
Your question

2gb ddr2 ram in my pentium

Last response: in Memory
May 23, 2012 5:12:01 PM

i have palced 2gb ddr2 ram in my pentium d n i was already using 1 gb before now it is only showing 2gb of ram instead of 3 gb ?did pentium d support more then 2 gb ram ?n its also showing in bios that slot 1 not installed?n im using win 7 32 bit

More about : 2gb ddr2 ram pentium

May 23, 2012 5:12:52 PM

what motherboard are you using?
m
l
May 23, 2012 5:16:05 PM

its intel pentium d 2.8ghz but im nt sure about modrl ov motherboard
m
l
Related resources
May 23, 2012 5:30:02 PM

anybody there?
m
l
May 23, 2012 6:01:54 PM

If you have Windows 32Bit, it will only show 3GB. Windows XP 32 bit only support up to 3GB, same with windows 7 32bit. It's not going to hurt you, it's just that system OS cannot use the extra 1 GB.
m
l
a b } Memory
May 23, 2012 6:04:04 PM

stevetheutilityman said:
If you have Windows 32Bit, it will only show 3GB. Windows XP 32 bit only support up to 3GB, same with windows 7 32bit. It's not going to hurt you, it's just that system OS cannot use the extra 1 GB.

Totally irrelevant. He only installed 3GB, and the computer is reporting 2GB.

Anyway, could you try reseating the memory modules? It's possible you accidentally dislodged one of the modules when you installed the new one. You could also try swapping them and see if it still only recognizes one of the sticks.
m
l
May 24, 2012 12:33:20 PM

willard said:
Totally irrelevant. He only installed 3GB, and the computer is reporting 2GB.

Anyway, could you try reseating the memory modules? It's possible you accidentally dislodged one of the modules when you installed the new one. You could also try swapping them and see if it still only recognizes one of the sticks.

willard i have already swap n check both the slots! well is the any problem with windows version im using win 7 32 bit n is ma pc utilizing da other 1 gb or nt
m
l
May 24, 2012 12:52:13 PM

my motherboard is intel Corporation D102GGC2
m
l
May 24, 2012 2:09:39 PM

your motherboard has this memory limitation
• Two 240-pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Inline Memory Module (DIMM) sockets
• Support for DDR2 533 MHz and DDR2 400 MHz DIMMs
• Support for up to 2 GB of system memory

as seen from here
http://downloadmirror.intel.com/15112/eng/D102GGC2_Tech...

so your motherboard only supports 2 gb total. you should only put 2 1gb ddr2 into that motherboard
m
l
a b } Memory
May 24, 2012 2:11:13 PM

kuki khan said:
willard i have already swap n check both the slots! well is the any problem with windows version im using win 7 32 bit n is ma pc utilizing da other 1 gb or nt

I already said it does not.

And for the love of god, take ten seconds to not sound like a complete moron. You expect me to take my time to help you troubleshoot your problem, but you won't even take the time to write a coherent post? If your next post is written in the same manner, I'm done. This kind of laziness pisses me off.
m
l
May 24, 2012 2:29:24 PM

it's ok willard, he might not speak english well.
but yeah kuki khan your computer is not able to support 3gb. 2gb only.
m
l
a b } Memory
May 24, 2012 2:36:53 PM

rdb853 said:
it's ok willard, he might not speak english well.
but yeah kuki khan your computer is not able to support 3gb. 2gb only.

It's not about not speaking English. It's about stupid *** like saying "da" instead of "the" or "n" instead of "and" or "nt" instead of "not." He clearly knew the words to use and chose not to use them. His grammar is totally fine, so the language is not the problem.
m
l
May 24, 2012 7:14:24 PM

people i am nt n english or english is nt ma mother language soooo just chill thing is that it should be understandable its is clearly shown frm ur rply in our country english is just like this stuff n we really expect this kind ov attitude frm u ppl cux through this u have made us aa deprive class sooo its sceams too be bad
m
l
a b } Memory
May 24, 2012 7:21:40 PM

kuki khan said:
people i am nt n english or english is nt ma mother language soooo just chill thing is that it should be understandable its is clearly shown frm ur rply in our country english is just like this stuff n we really expect this kind ov attitude frm u ppl cux through this u have made us aa deprive class sooo its sceams too be bad

On the rare occasions that I post in Spanish (the only other language I speak well enough to converse with), I spell the words correctly. When there's a language barrier, it's a good idea to do what you can to break it down. Misspelling every third word does the opposite of that.

You can't expect somebody to make the effort to help you when you refuse to make the effort to be understood.
m
l
May 24, 2012 7:26:14 PM

a person can argument alot on his forfune u help me alot sooo i will only say u thankyou stay bless!
m
l
Related resources
!