Solved

Dual Monitor Display on the GTX 460 Require DVI Only?

I know that the GTX 460 can utilized two monitors for display, but it come with only these outputs:
1 mini-HDMI
2 Dual Link DVI

Does this mean that to run the GTX 460 in a two-monitor set-up, both monitors must utilize DVI rather than HDMI?
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about dual monitor display require only
  1. Best answer
    Trust me it is not complicated. You can use two single link dvi monitors or one dvi and one hdmi monitor. I got two CRTs running off mine using dvi to vga adapters. Storage and other upgrades limited my budget.

I got Gigabyte gtx 460 and a 8800gt for physx.
  2. Best answer selected by JamesAllen.
  3. nforce4max said:
    Trust me it is not complicated. You can use two single link dvi monitors or one dvi and one hdmi monitor. I got two CRTs running off mine using dvi to vga adapters. Storage and other upgrades limited my budget.

I got Gigabyte gtx 460 and a 8800gt for physx.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was trying to decide what monitor to get and was over complicating it. Now I've got it all figure out.
  4. You are welcome and am glad that it helped you :)
  5. Just because the graphics card can run 2 (dual) DVI monitors does not necessarily mean it supports Dual-link DVI. Dual-link reffers to the amount of data and transfer speeds of the hardware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Some devices such as the Matrox Triplehead2go require dual-link to support high resolution monitors.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Dual Monitors DVI Monitors Graphics Displays