Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Dual Monitor Display on the GTX 460 Require DVI Only?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 27, 2011 10:37:09 PM

I know that the GTX 460 can utilized two monitors for display, but it come with only these outputs:
1 mini-HDMI
2 Dual Link DVI

Does this mean that to run the GTX 460 in a two-monitor set-up, both monitors must utilize DVI rather than HDMI?

Best solution

a c 172 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
March 28, 2011 12:45:06 AM

Trust me it is not complicated. You can use two single link dvi monitors or one dvi and one hdmi monitor. I got two CRTs running off mine using dvi to vga adapters. Storage and other upgrades limited my budget.

I got Gigabyte gtx 460 and a 8800gt for physx.
March 28, 2011 2:21:37 AM

Best answer selected by JamesAllen.
m
l
Related resources
March 28, 2011 2:23:06 AM

nforce4max said:
Trust me it is not complicated. You can use two single link dvi monitors or one dvi and one hdmi monitor. I got two CRTs running off mine using dvi to vga adapters. Storage and other upgrades limited my budget.

I got Gigabyte gtx 460 and a 8800gt for physx.

Thanks for the quick reply. I was trying to decide what monitor to get and was over complicating it. Now I've got it all figure out.
m
l
a c 172 U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
March 28, 2011 2:34:21 AM

You are welcome and am glad that it helped you :) 
m
l
April 12, 2012 9:11:22 AM

Just because the graphics card can run 2 (dual) DVI monitors does not necessarily mean it supports Dual-link DVI. Dual-link reffers to the amount of data and transfer speeds of the hardware.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

Some devices such as the Matrox Triplehead2go require dual-link to support high resolution monitors.
m
l
!