Sign in with
Your question

Help with first gaming PC build

Last response: in Systems
June 8, 2011 11:33:01 PM

Hello! This is my first gaming PC. I've been thinking about buying one for a while, and found a website called ironsidecomputers.com. I plan on gaming, editing video, surfing the web. My budget is $1300. I live in the US.

Here's the web page of the computer:
http://ironsidecomputers.com/index.p...products_id=26

Here are the stats:
Case: IN WIN Maelstorm (full tower)

AMD Processor: AMD PHENOM II x4 3.2GHz Black Edition (Quad Core)

CPU Cooling: Cooler Master RR-H101 (I don't know much about cooling)

AMD Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT [HDMI DVI] {4 DDR3 Slots Max 1600MHz}

Overclocking: Stock Speed

Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz

Primary Hard Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM

1st Optical Drive: DVD writer

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 1.2GB (min. 700 Watt power supply)

[SLI / Crossfire] Second Video Card: Should I do this?

Power Supply: 800 watt

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Ironside uses corsair, silverstone, and seasonic on the PSU, but they don't specify which brand goes with which unit. I've emailed them on this subject, whether Windows 7 is 64 or 32 bit, and the RAM brand.

Are these parts compatible? I plan to run Skyrim, Metro 2033, Mass Effect, Portal 2, Half life 2, and possibly Battlefield 3 on this PC. Will this be able to run these game on high-max? If so, which ones? I plan on buying a 25 inch monitor.

Thanks!

More about : gaming build

June 8, 2011 11:42:57 PM

Ok, so if you are looking for gaming, 4gb of ram is good to go! With this setup youwould run anything in high, I have an old setup, with an core 2 duo 3.8 ghz 4 gb 1333 and a strong an still alive 250 gts running every game I want in high, recently I have to take the antialising and the v sinc... But is because my system is "stressed".... Go ahead, that's good!
m
l
June 8, 2011 11:47:33 PM

Thanks! It's good to know I'm going to get a long run on my PC.
m
l
!