Help with first gaming PC build

Hello! This is my first gaming PC. I've been thinking about buying one for a while, and found a website called ironsidecomputers.com. I plan on gaming, editing video, surfing the web. My budget is $1300. I live in the US.

Here's the web page of the computer:
http://ironsidecomputers.com/index.p...products_id=26

Here are the stats:
Case: IN WIN Maelstorm (full tower)

AMD Processor: AMD PHENOM II x4 3.2GHz Black Edition (Quad Core)

CPU Cooling: Cooler Master RR-H101 (I don't know much about cooling)

AMD Motherboard: ASUS M4A78LT [HDMI DVI] {4 DDR3 Slots Max 1600MHz}

Overclocking: Stock Speed

Memory: 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz

Primary Hard Drive: 1TB 7200 RPM

1st Optical Drive: DVD writer

Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 1.2GB (min. 700 Watt power supply)

[SLI / Crossfire] Second Video Card: Should I do this?

Power Supply: 800 watt

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

Ironside uses corsair, silverstone, and seasonic on the PSU, but they don't specify which brand goes with which unit. I've emailed them on this subject, whether Windows 7 is 64 or 32 bit, and the RAM brand.

Are these parts compatible? I plan to run Skyrim, Metro 2033, Mass Effect, Portal 2, Half life 2, and possibly Battlefield 3 on this PC. Will this be able to run these game on high-max? If so, which ones? I plan on buying a 25 inch monitor.

Thanks!
2 answers Last reply
More about help gaming build
  1. Ok, so if you are looking for gaming, 4gb of ram is good to go! With this setup youwould run anything in high, I have an old setup, with an core 2 duo 3.8 ghz 4 gb 1333 and a strong an still alive 250 gts running every game I want in high, recently I have to take the antialising and the v sinc... But is because my system is "stressed".... Go ahead, that's good!
  2. Thanks! It's good to know I'm going to get a long run on my PC.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Gaming Systems