Closed Solved

Intel i3 2100 vs AMD Phenom II X4 955?

My main intention is Gaming. SPECS-
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 6770
RAM: 4GB DDR3
PSU: Cooler Master eXtreme 600

People say Phenom X4 is weaker than Intel Core i3 2100 in games.

My question is will i3 2100 be also good in games which require Quad Cores like BFBC 2.

And if future games require quad cores then will i3 2100 lag behind the Phenom X4?
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about intel 2100 phenom
  1. Best answer
    The Core i3-2100 can be significantly faster than the PII X4 955 in games that only require two (and probably 3) cores. Most upcoming games will still only use dual core CPUs. As for games that can use 4 cores, the i3-2100 will be marginally slower. See following for some benchmarks.

    http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/cpu/display/core-i3-2120-2100_5.html#sect0

    Of the 6 games benchmarked, the i3-2100 is only 0.9 frame slower than the PII X4 955 in Mafia II. But the in Far Cry 2, the i3-2100 is faster than the PII X4 955. Those are the only games benchmarked that uses quad cores (that I know of)





    =============================================

    Dragon Age: Origins has been coded to make use of more than 2 cores, but the i3-2100 provides better performance than the PII X4 970.



    Here's Far Cry 2 again.



    That graph is from the following review:
    http://www.anandtech.com/show/4083/the-sandy-bridge-review-intel-core-i7-2600k-i5-2500k-core-i3-2100-tested/20
  2. If you can, spend a little more on a Sandy Bridge quad.
  3. amdfangirl said:
    If you can, spend a little more on a Sandy Bridge quad.

    Yes i agree.If you are really on a budget you can go for a i5 2300.

    A quad core but priced a little higher than the i3 2100.
  4. I'd go on to say "If you aren't going for an i5-2500K and you overclock it's a waste".

    It's just a little more money for far more performance. That performance will mean you can delay upgrading longer. Well worth the added expense. If you do not overlock, the i5 2300 is a good option.
  5. amdfangirl said:
    I'd go on to say "If you aren't going for an i5-2500K and you overclock it's a waste".

    It's just a little more money for far more performance. That performance will mean you can delay upgrading longer. Well worth the added expense. If you do not overlock, the i5 2300 is a good option.


    Sorry, i cant get i5 sandy bridge, only phenom x4 n i3 sandy bridge suites my budget.


    So what should i get??
  6. rickytrux11 said:
    Sorry, i cant get i5 sandy bridge, only phenom x4 n i3 sandy bridge suites my budget.


    So what should i get??

    i3 2100 for the ability to upgrade paths of the i5 2500k or i7 2600k
  7. ghnader hsmithot said:
    i3 2100 for the ability to upgrade paths of the i5 2500k or i7 2600k



    Yep, but by that time the intel ivy bridge an AMD BD will come up . :sweat:
  8. http://www.fudzilla.com/processors/item/21765-ivy-bridge-22nm-works-with-h67-and-p67

    P67 and H67 support Ivy bridge and the cause of world domination.
  9. ghnader hsmithot said:
    http://www.fudzilla.com/processors/item/21765-ivy-bridge-22nm-works-with-h67-and-p67

    P67 and H67 support Ivy bridge and the cause of world domination.

    am going to get Intel DH61WW MoBo for cheap. :non:
  10. Best answer selected by rickytrux11.
  11. This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Games Intel Phenom