Sign in with
Your question

Has Gigabyte solved their GA-Z77X-UD5H issues yet

Last response: in Motherboards
May 23, 2012 10:55:41 PM

Hello I am new to this board and I will be building my first PC shortly and this MB seems like it has all the features and things I was looking for but I have seen on a few boards that it has had issues with Ivy Bridge. Have they updated the Bios to where it is stable yet. I might need to go in another direction with an Asus or MSI board, but this is the one I really want..

Thanks in Advance for responses
May 25, 2012 3:55:35 AM

Airhammer said:
Hello I am new to this board and I will be building my first PC shortly and this MB seems like it has all the features and things I was looking for but I have seen on a few boards that it has had issues with Ivy Bridge. Have they updated the Bios to where it is stable yet. I might need to go in another direction with an Asus or MSI board, but this is the one I really want..

What problems were people talking about? I got the z77x-ud5h-wb with a 3770k and 16MB ram with no issues at all. overclocking works nicely too.
m
l
May 29, 2012 3:24:52 PM

Well sorry to hijack the thread, but i just built a new system and having this issue with F7 Bios -

Z77-UD5H /Intel i5 - 3570K with an 4.2Ghz stable OC, everything is awesome.

One annoying issue though~! When i put PC to sleep or it goes to sleep on its own, when i try to wake it with mouse or Keyboard... the systems comes up all the fans spin for a while and then it shuts down, and kinda tries to start again but turns off in the end.

When i turn it back on - its sitting at the lock screen in windows like none happened, no systems errors, or unexpected shut-down messages are reported...

Once again, all the new drivers seem to be installed, new bios f7, and i even tried playing with "AC Back" power feature in BIOS setting it to Always off/on/memory same thing

One more thing, how do I tell if I have Z77-UD5H or z77x-ud5h- WB? Will it mention on the box?
m
l
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
May 29, 2012 6:18:03 PM

Airhammer said:

Gigabyte z77 has built in support for IB. All z77 supports newer ivy bridge. Older z68 mobo need a bios flash to supports IB.
m
l
May 29, 2012 11:04:30 PM

dr3thepooner said:
Well sorry to hijack the thread, but i just built a new system and having this issue with F7 Bios -

One annoying issue though~! When i put PC to sleep or it goes to sleep on its own, when i try to wake it with mouse or Keyboard... the systems comes up all the fans spin for a while and then it shuts down, and kinda tries to start again but turns off in the end.

When i turn it back on - its sitting at the lock screen in windows like none happened, no systems errors, or unexpected shut-down messages are reported...

Once again, all the new drivers seem to be installed, new bios f7, and i even tried playing with "AC Back" power feature in BIOS setting it to Always off/on/memory same thing

One more thing, how do I tell if I have Z77-UD5H or z77x-ud5h- WB? Will it mention on the box?

I dont know about the shut down thing. Never heard of that happening. I would suggest looking at the power settings and making sure everything is ok (right click on desktop, choose personalize, and change ur screen saver). Maybe enable hybrid sleep, and hibernate if not already enabled? Dunno about that one. As for the WB, you would have gotten a Wifi-Bluetooth PCIe card that can plug into one of your USB headers to save pcie lanes for other things. It's got external antennas, which are decent, not that great. Overall it performs okay (the wifi thing) but I think the drivers are kinda crappy cause there aren't many options to change and sometimes it doesnt want to connect to my network until I disable and re-enable the card. So the driver need updating certainly, but i dont know anywhere else to find it. I went onto the atheros website (or whatever the manufacturer of the chip is, i forgot) and couldnt find anything.
m
l
May 30, 2012 12:47:50 AM

Eh, I not even put it to sleep, its not a laptop. plus that just gonna wear out the hard drive doing that, just turn it off, now adays pc boot so fast, no need to sleep.
m
l
January 21, 2013 11:02:06 PM

dr3thepooner said:

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. Disabling Hybrid sleep and allowing it to shutdown seems to do the trick. What I have found is if I force it to sleep, e.g pressing power button = sleep. It works fine. But if I let the PC go to sleep by itself, it turns on, then off, then sits at bios screen for a while. At this point I turn it off and on again, saves me waiting 20 to 30 seconds for it to boot up.
If you do find a solution I would love to hear it. I have updated Bios, AHCI etc etc and no luck
m
l
a b V Motherboard
January 25, 2013 12:04:51 AM

is it random? or always happened?
m
l
!