Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Should I rebuild now or wait

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Rebuild
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
Share
June 9, 2011 3:18:59 AM

I am thinking about upgrading my rig I have been looking at the I2500k and x6 1100t, I mainly play games, video edit, and surf net. My system is running fine, but I have around $500 to invest in a new rig. Should I do a upgrade now or just ride this system a little longer.

Thanks

Current Specs
Q9550 o.c to 3.8ghz,
hd4870 512mb,
8 gig ddr2,
128gb samsung 470 ssd,
4 samsung 1 tb drives

More about : rebuild wait

June 9, 2011 3:45:53 AM

I would wait. If you are going to upgrade, the def bottleneck is that 4870. Look into a 6950 2GB or 560 ti if your PSU can handle it. Both are excellent GPU's. With that, you should be set for the big games like BF3!
m
0
l
June 9, 2011 6:10:16 AM

Thanks for the quick response. I will get the 6950 2gb and save the extra cash. Hopefully, I will be ok for BF3 and Rage.
m
0
l
June 9, 2011 6:22:09 AM

I really should read more carefully. Thanks for the catch Striker
m
0
l
June 9, 2011 6:26:44 AM

Lol not to derail you, but it says right there under the picture that "Dice has confirmed that these specs are infact FAKE". It's still a pretty good outline though.
m
0
l
!