mrjellybean

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Hi I have a GTX570 connected to a 900W PSU and the Asrock z68 Extreme4. My system gives off a series of beeps when I take the RAM out so I am assuming that it is POSTing properly, yet when I turn on my computer, I get the no VGA signal. Because I don't hear any beeps I think that I am getting an error message, but becuase I can't connect any monitors I'm not sure.

I have tried the DVI and the VGA cables on both the onboard and the GTX 570. The monitor works fine on other computers. Also the graphics card is inserted properly and turns on as the fan spins when I turn on my computer. What can I do to fix this problem? I have yet to move the graphics card to other PCIe slots, yet if that does not work are there any other solutions? Also does it matter which PCIe slot to put it in?

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Is this a brand new system? Please post your system configuration.

1) If you only have 2 sticks of RAM, make sure they are installed in the correct two slots. Some motherboards will not work otherwise.
2) Turn off the PSU, take the little battery out of your motherboard and let it sit for a few minutes. While the battery is out, you might as well make sure it's good. Replace the battery. Then take the 570 out and try to boot using only your onboard video.
3) If that works, put the 570 back in and try it again.

Your motherboard manual should indicate which PCIe slot to use (if it matters).

Sorry for this, but: You have the power cables hooked up to your 570, right?

mrjellybean

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011
Thanks for replying. I fixed the problem by taking out my RAM and putting it into a different slot but now I have a different problem.
I have an Asrock z68 extreme4 and when I put in a RAM stick into slots 1 or 2 I get the Dr. Debug code 45. When I put a stick into 3 or 4 it boots up fine. If I put both sticks into 3 and 4 it boots up and the RAM is recognized. WIll this cause problems as the two slots are different colors. Also does this mean that my slots 1 and 2 are broken? If I put RAM into slots 1 and 3 or 2 and 4 I get the same error code. Will this mean that if I try to put in two more sticks for a total of 4 sticks of RAM it will not work?

eightdrunkengods

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2011
Could you post your system specs? You are running two identical sticks (as in: they came as a set of two) of RAM, right?

With your RAM installed in slots 3 and 4, boot to Windows, run CPUZ, check the memory tab, and make sure that is shows the correct amount of RAM (4GB, 8GB, etc). Does CPUZ indicate that it is running in dual channel mode. (Top right, next to "channels #") Probably not, right?

Typically, you install two sticks in matching color slots (so - in alternating slots). I think two of your slots are defective. If so, you should RMA that board.

mrjellybean

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2011

intel i5 2500k
asrock z69 extreme4
antec 900w HCGS
G skill ripjaws 2x4GB DDR3 1866

The correct amount of RAM is showing,but it is running in single channel. Two sticks of RAM works only when I put the sticks into slots 3 and 4 which are different colors. One stick of RAM only works in either slot 3 or 4, which are different colors.