Solved

Graphic card for my CRT

Hi everyone. I am new in this forum. I need a graphic card which can run all new games for a resolution of 1280 x 1024 with all eye candy turned on for my CRT. I dont intend to get an LCD as my budget wont permit. I am gettin Phenom 965 and 4 gigs ram, My choices were 5670, 5750 or gts 450. Pls guys i need ur help. Thanks in advance. :hello:
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphic card
  1. According to Tom's GPU chart March 2011, the 5750 and the 450 are equal in performance, with both being above the 5670. Get the one you can afford from a brand you trust, with an architecture you prefer.
  2. Thanks for the quick reply, since i need a vga out both the 5750 and gts 450 from Asus has these outputs and will i be able to play without any problem with my CRT?
  3. You would not have much problems with your CRT monitor. And at that 1280 X 1024, either the GTS 450 or the HD 5750 will do fine. Better yet , why not go for a HD 5770 ? Its better and delivers more performance than those listed.

What is you PSU ? Can you tell us your budget ? Also if you are getting 4 gigs of RAM, its best you install a 64 bit version of the OS.
  4. Thanks for the suggestion. May a PSU that comes with the ATX cabinet about 450 W. In India i will be getting Gts 450 of 5750 for around 6.k K that translates to 120$ or someting and thats my max budget for a card. I want to play GTA 4, Saints row 2, SC:Conviction etc and at 1280 x 1024 res with complete eye candy. Recently i spent 1k for getting my crt repaired so i want to continue with it. And another question ... does physix make a difference to gameplay
  5. If your PSU came with your case, I wouldn't trust it much though. I am from India too. :)
    Yes, Physx does make a difference in games and some difference in the gameplay matters.... Things like paper, smoke appears much more realistic, but only if the game supports physx. Games like Mafia 2 and Batman AA supports physx.

SC: Conviction has huge problems, so I don't think you can max it out.
  6. Thanks Gman. But can i play GTA4 all maxed in my resolution
  7. Those graphics cards are far above the recommended GPU for GTAIV. Same with your processor and RAM. Running at that resolution, you should have no problem.
  8. joshyboy82 said:
    Those graphics cards are far above the recommended GPU for GTAIV. Same with your processor and RAM. Running at that resolution, you should have no problem.

Thank you. Now i have a dilemma. Which shall i buy Asus 5750 Formula or Asus GTS 450????????? :pt1cable:
  9. Best answer
    Well, that all depends, mostly the games that favor NVIDIA should provide you better performance with the GTS 450. Games like Civilization 5, mafia 2 , and all favor NVIDIA and so it should give you more performance. But if you want to go for an eyefinity setup, then going for a HD 5750 would be nice.

But since GTS 450 beats the HD 5750 in most cases, going for it would be better.
  10. Best answer selected by raghav619.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards CRT Monitors Graphics