Need opinions on these specs ~ Newbie here

Hi,

I'm looking to jump back into the PC gaming world and want to have something built to handle Battlefield 3 (who doesn't right?). I haven't paid much attention to the technology for some time and feel overwhelmed.

I built this rig on cyberpower. The specs say this can run Starcraft 2 on Ultra settings with 95+ fps.

What do you think of the value and stats?

Cost - $1,088

CPU: AMD Phenom™II X6 1100T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology [+20]

Motherboard: GigaByte GA-870A-UD3 AMD 870/SB850 chipset support DDR3 Ultra Durable™3 Socket AM3 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 Audio, GBLAN, Support 6-core CPU, CPU Auto Unlocker, USB3.0, SATA-III, ON/OFF Charge for IPod, RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe, 2 PCIe X1, & 3 PCI

Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

Memory: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)

Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+103] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Power Supply Upgrade: * 750 Watts - Thermaltake TR2 RX Modular 80 Plus PSU - PN: TRX-750M [+71]

Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Hard Drive)
3 answers Last reply
More about need opinions specs newbie here
  1. If you're not comfortable building your own system than I'd say just get the cyberpower, while it may be cheaper to build a system hardware wise Windows is a pretty expensive software so it offsets the cost. Also check your local craigslist and see if you can spot any deals there. I usually just buy used systems at low prices and upgrade as I need to
  2. Okay so i don't want to sound like an advertisement, but i bought my last rig prebuilt from here. I must have sent like 45 emails discussing price vs performance and what would be best for me. I guarantee they will be cheaper.

Also imho the quad core will do fine in regards to gaming. Gaming hasnt done much if anything to utilize 6 cores. ++ to sadams04 on the OC idea. a stable OC to 4GHz would help a lot. also if you get a 6950 you could flash the bios to a 6970 if your daring.
Ask a new question

Read More

Prebuilt Systems Product