Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Official DS Launch Titles

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 4:21:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

EA, Ubisoft, Activison, Sega, and THQ will have launch titles.
Games will cost a measly $29.

Super Mario 64 DS is a launch title.
The URBZ: Sims in the City is a launch title.
Madden NFL is a launch title.
Spider-Man 2 is a launch title.
Asphalt GT is a launch title.
Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf is a launch title.
Ping Pals is a launch title.
Feel the Magic: XY/XX is a laucn title.

Super Mario 64 DS Details:

Not simply a port by any means; Super Mario 64 DS will feature Wario, Luigi,
and Yoshi as players battle it out for stars in the multiplayer version of
Super Mario 64. The game will also host an impressive line-up of mini-games
that are character dependent. For example, Luigi's will be perfect for the
stylus, because his mini games involve alot of cards.

Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt Details

A playable demo will come bundled with the system that lets users test out
the DS's built in wireless and touchscreen capabilites. Up to four players
can stalk each other out in Metroid's first handheld multiplayer game! You
also get a glimpse at a brand new single player Metroid in this cool little
demo!

The game will feature two control scheme; one involving the touchscreen.
Players can choose which control scheme they want to use.

Spiderman 2 Details

Rather than going all 3D like the console versions, Spider-Man 2 for the
Nintendo DS returns to the 2D roots found on the Game Boy Advance and will
feature a better style, speed, and more action than its GBA counterpart.

More about : official launch titles

Anonymous
October 8, 2004 1:52:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

I was hoping for Animal Crossing.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com


"Ice Wipe Inc." <birdworm12@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:%wa9d.17315$5O5.10686@news-server.bigpond.net.au...
> EA, Ubisoft, Activison, Sega, and THQ will have launch titles.
> Games will cost a measly $29.
>
> Super Mario 64 DS is a launch title.
> The URBZ: Sims in the City is a launch title.
> Madden NFL is a launch title.
> Spider-Man 2 is a launch title.
> Asphalt GT is a launch title.
> Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf is a launch title.
> Ping Pals is a launch title.
> Feel the Magic: XY/XX is a laucn title.
>
> Super Mario 64 DS Details:
>
> Not simply a port by any means; Super Mario 64 DS will feature Wario,
> Luigi,
> and Yoshi as players battle it out for stars in the multiplayer version of
> Super Mario 64. The game will also host an impressive line-up of
> mini-games
> that are character dependent. For example, Luigi's will be perfect for the
> stylus, because his mini games involve alot of cards.
>
> Metroid Prime Hunters: First Hunt Details
>
> A playable demo will come bundled with the system that lets users test out
> the DS's built in wireless and touchscreen capabilites. Up to four players
> can stalk each other out in Metroid's first handheld multiplayer game! You
> also get a glimpse at a brand new single player Metroid in this cool
> little
> demo!
>
> The game will feature two control scheme; one involving the touchscreen.
> Players can choose which control scheme they want to use.
>
> Spiderman 2 Details
>
> Rather than going all 3D like the console versions, Spider-Man 2 for the
> Nintendo DS returns to the 2D roots found on the Game Boy Advance and will
> feature a better style, speed, and more action than its GBA counterpart.
>
>
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 2:09:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 21:52:31 GMT, "Ollie T" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>I was hoping for Animal Crossing.
>
>HDTV games lists and discussions
>http://www.hdtvarcade.com
>

I'd be surprised if AC is out any earlier than next fall unless it's
just a slightly upgraded version of the GC version (in which case I
wouldn't want it anyway).
Related resources
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 5:34:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Everything I have seen from the DS Animal Crossing appears to be from the
original N64 version. It is just suped up to have multi-play. I hope it is
much more than a rehash also.

HDTV games lists and discussions
http://www.hdtvarcade.com

"Kevin Sullivan" <kevin@beestung.net> wrote in message
news:tjfbm05soae6gnll10kfvuevrr6jeh6a9g@4ax.com...
> On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 21:52:31 GMT, "Ollie T" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>I was hoping for Animal Crossing.
>>
>>HDTV games lists and discussions
>>http://www.hdtvarcade.com
>>
>
> I'd be surprised if AC is out any earlier than next fall unless it's
> just a slightly upgraded version of the GC version (in which case I
> wouldn't want it anyway).
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 8:36:34 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

Ice Wipe Inc. wrote:

> EA, Ubisoft, Activison, Sega, and THQ will have launch titles.

Other than your own dumbassery, is there any reason you put "is a launch
title" after each title instead of posting a list?

> Games will cost a measly $29.

Nintendo's first party games witll cost $30. 3rd parties can and probably
will charge a little more.

> Spider-Man 2 is a launch title.

Played it this morning. ROCKS.

> Feel the Magic: XY/XX is a launch title.

So far this is my favourite DS game, even tho it'll probably be really short
and have zero replayability. But you make a guy puke up goldfish and flick
scorpions off your girlfriend's back. How can you not love that? The visual
style is really cool too.

> Rather than going all 3D like the console versions, Spider-Man 2 for
> the Nintendo DS returns to the 2D roots found on the Game Boy Advance
> and will feature a better style, speed, and more action than its GBA
> counterpart.

It's actually 2-D on 3-D backgrounds. Looks great, plays great. The
touchscreen is used to select which special move you want to use, so it's
really easy to switch between, say, web impact and sliding kick on the fly
just by touching the screen with your thumbs.

> Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf is a launch title.

I'm not sure about the "vigorously rub this strip for ball boost" control,
but this was solid as well. Especially cool is the way 4 guys can play a
hole simultaneously on 4 DSes, and watch each other's progress in real time.

Everything else is kind of meh. Madden didn't grab me, neither did the
racing games. SM64 DS was nostalgic, but been there, done that. It does come
with a buttload of minigames tho. I guess it's like most new console
launches -- you hope for a couple good games at launch, knowing that it'll
be a year or more before the library has real depth. At least the bundled
Metroid demo is really fun, if short.

-Z-
Anonymous
October 9, 2004 5:21:01 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.video.nintendo.gameboy.advance,alt.games.video.nintendo.gamecube (More info?)

no online play, no sale
!