Sign in with
Your question

First Time Homebuild - Motherboard Wont Power Up

Last response: in Systems
June 9, 2011 4:53:02 PM

Im looking for a little help here with a build. This is a first time build for me and I am having an issue with the motherboard not powering up. I recently purchased a Gigabyte S-Series P45T-ES3G Motherboard to complete my build. After installing the Intel Pentium Duo CPU and aftermarket Thermatake CPU Fan, I mounted the mobo to the case with the proper number of stand-offs (no extras). I then installed two DIMM sticks of G.Skill 8GB DDR3 Ripsaws RAM. Next I plugged in the 24-pin and 12v connectors from the Antec Earthwatts EA-500 D 500W ATX PSU. I have not hooked up any other connections. After plugging in the power cord and hitting the swith on the PSU, I get nothing. No fans, no lights on the mobo, nothing. The mobo is brand new and the PSU is used but tested from the seller. I also tested the PSU on an older Itox G7V600-G mobo and it powered right up w/o even having a CPU installed. What am I missing here? Is there some fail-safe that I over looked? I read through the sticky thread about posting/booting and made sure that I was doing everything up to this point correctly. Any help would be most appreciated.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 9, 2011 5:22:14 PM

Have you plugged in the little tiny cables for the power button, reset button, HDD, and LED lights? That's a common mistake...

m
l
June 9, 2011 5:59:59 PM

jasonw223 said:
Have you plugged in the little tiny cables for the power button, reset button, HDD, and LED lights? That's a common mistake...

You sir, are the man. Thank you.
m
l
!