Help me make my system stable

denizg6

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
Hi guys like the title says please help me make my system stable.

At first my computer only crashed in Bad Company 2 with the bluescreen but now just by being on Google Chrome it crashes.

My temperatures for my CPU is from 27C to 36 and my graphic card is from 32C to 50C during heavy loads.

My system specs are:

Core i7 920 3.99 GHZ
Ati 5870
6 GB Corsair DDR3 1333 MHZ ram
And I have two hardisks 1TB and a 640GB with no errors.
Antec 850 WATT psu

The thing is for more than a year I had none of these problems but ever since I suppose I played BC2 my system became unstable. And i would not think my graphic card would be defective after a year of usage. these problems are new

finchpcrepair

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
How about just try reinstalling a fresh copy of your operating system and resetting everything back to normal. Reset your BIOS to default settings and just download the necessary drivers for your PC and then install the game and try running it and see how it goes. But be sure to back up all important data before doing any of this.

You will be surprised what a fresh install of an OS can do.

denizg6

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2011
haha maybe you are right. You know I use to format my hard disk once a year. The thing is this is my last summer until I go to a dorm where I cant bring my pc. So I am trying to find the quickest way

beltzy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
Easy tiger! Go into windows settings (don't recall exactly where it's at- do a quick google search) to change the setting so that windows doesn't automatically reboot when you get a blue screen of death. You want to see that error screen and check out the error code it is giving you (you can track down what the problem is).

The next thing I would iif you can't track the problem down this way is set everything to default speeds (or at least significantly lower speeds) and see if the problem continues. You can have instability without having extreme temps.

If the problem DOES continue, I'd completely wipe your video drivers (use a utility like Driver Sweeper) and then reinstall.

If it continues you probably have some other kind of driver problem. A fresh reinstall of everything may be less inconvenient than chasing down the problem for days/weeks.