Is intel dh67cl worth the 3100 PKrs???

Status
Not open for further replies.

UAhmed

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Hey, guys :hello: i am currently buying a new mobo (intel dh61ww) , cpu ( core i3 2100) , gpu (hd 7850). :sol:

I have two 2gb rams of 1066mhz.

The first question is that should i buy a intel dh67cl instead of dh61ww. its 3100 Pkrs more. More over i have a HAF 932 amd edition casing , won't a dh61ww look odd in it as its miro atx and haf 932 is quite big.

The second question is that i have two 1066 mhz ram so instead of spending more on buying a dh67cl, should i spend more on the ram to upgrade it to 1333mhz ????

If i buy ram i'll upgrade only one stick to 1333mhz while the other would be 1066 mhz , will this cause any problems????

I have a website here plz chek on this if u could find a more better motherboard under :-
(9000 Rs, if i should not change the ram) :)
(under 6000 if i should change the ram ) :)

http://www.galaxy.pk/form016.html

http://www.czone.com.pk/motherboards-lga-1155-socket-pakistan-pt.261.aspx

Solution
1066MHz dual channel (two sticks) is better than 1333MHz single channel (one stick), so you might as well stick with what you've got, not that it would make much of a difference anyway.

For the motherboard, it seems fine, but I dislike getting Intel branded motherboards because they are generally inferior to third party motherboards made from companies such as Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Biostar, and others. However, I can't find a third party motherboard for your budget on those sites, so there's not much choice and like the RAM, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway.
1066MHz dual channel (two sticks) is better than 1333MHz single channel (one stick), so you might as well stick with what you've got, not that it would make much of a difference anyway.

For the motherboard, it seems fine, but I dislike getting Intel branded motherboards because they are generally inferior to third party motherboards made from companies such as Asus, Gigabyte, MSI, Biostar, and others. However, I can't find a third party motherboard for your budget on those sites, so there's not much choice and like the RAM, it probably wouldn't have made much of a difference anyway.

Solution

UAhmed

Honorable
May 19, 2012

what about this ?
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4150#sp

if this isn't then i will upgrade my ram to two sticks of 2gb 1333mhz.
What do u suggest corsair ram or kingston?

I have to say that how a small motherboard looks in a large case would be the least of my worries in your situation... I don't know if you'd think that it looks odd. I guess that it might.

UAhmed

Honorable
May 19, 2012
Actually im running short of money now, i too like asus mobos but don't have the money i'll upgrade next year though so what would u suggest stick with the dh61ww for now and upgrade next year or just spend 3100 Rs more bcz it'll look odd :D

Corsair has a lifetime warranty on all of their RAM products. I don't know how it could be limited at all in your city. Maybe it's because Corsair isn't handling the warranties there, it's the company selling the memory. No, it won't be faster, but it is more reliable.

However, like the motherboard, you'd be better off just keeping your money and waiting. It won't make a difference that's worth the money spent.

UAhmed

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Oh, ok thanx for ur help :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :wahoo: :D

UAhmed

Honorable
May 19, 2012

Yes u are right Corsair doesn't handle the warranties in my country....i'd guess non of the brands like xfx , sapphire, etc handle warranties in mine, its only handled by the company who sells the products ( ma country's such a.....) :lol: :lol:

DryCreamer

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2012
I agree, stick with the 61 chipset, you won't gain anything really better with the 67 chipset as you can't overclock the Core i3 you have selected anyway... performance difference would be minimal in the real world unless there is something other option on the motherboard you can't live without...

Dry

UAhmed

Honorable
May 19, 2012

yup........ thanx for the help :D

Status
Not open for further replies.