Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 onboard graphics not working

hammerfluff

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Hello,
I've just built my own computer, using this motherboard and a i5 3.4 ghz processor, 8gb or RAM and a 120gb SSD hdd. Basically I plugged the setup into my tv via the onboard HDMI output in order to boot it up and make sure everything was working correctly. The bios then gave one long beep and two short beeps, indicating there is a "graphics or monitor" issue according to the manual.

I am awaiting a PCI-E graphics card for this, but is there anyway to get it working just using the onboard graphics first?

Which exact processor is this exactly?

There are no built in graphics on this motherboard. Only graphics built into the processor can work, and for that the processor must definitely have built in graphics.

There are plenty of i5's that run at 3.4 GHZ so I can't just figure out if your processor has an integrated video card or not.

The 3570k does have one. The 2550k does not. The 2600k does. Really it just depends on what you have.

If you have the 2550k, you have to sit there till you get a video card.

If you have one of the other two, there may be some other sort of problem we can look into in the mean time.

TRENDING THREADS