Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

When does AMD plan on releasing their new CPU?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Gaming
  • AMD
  • Product
Last response: in CPUs
September 4, 2011 9:31:24 PM

I have been putting together a wishlist on newegg and whatever, and I plan on building a gaming pc, but a friend just informed me that I should wait because soon AMD will come out with a new CPU. Just wondering, when will that be?

More about : amd plan releasing cpu

September 4, 2011 9:41:31 PM

He's referring to their new "bulldozer" lineup. As far as I know, they haven't come out with a specific release date, but they are slated to be out before christmas. I'd tell you the same thing he did, wait til they're out and see how good they are. If the rumors are anywhere near the truth, these CPUs will be well worth the wait.
m
l
a c 217 à CPUs
a c 154 À AMD
a b 4 Gaming
September 4, 2011 9:48:30 PM

15 days, baby!

<crossing fingers and toes>

Not that I will be able to afford one until Oct ... of 2013 :lol: 

m
l
Related resources
September 6, 2011 12:55:18 AM

I just hope they hurry up and get here to reduce the price of intel's SB.
m
l
September 6, 2011 1:35:59 AM

they were pushed off untill early next year. dont wait 4-5 months for them.
go with the intel i5 2500k.
(besides, if you can wait, wait for the intel ivy bridge which is slated for a quarter2 launch next year.)
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 6, 2011 2:07:55 AM

No one knows (well, except AMD and they aren't talking, yet). Might as well wait a week or two if you can to see if the early rumors are true. If you are in a rush though, Intel's Sandybridge is a good choice.
m
l
a c 164 à CPUs
a b À AMD
a b 4 Gaming
September 6, 2011 11:32:11 AM

David 617 said:
they were pushed off untill early next year. dont wait 4-5 months for them.
go with the intel i5 2500k.
(besides, if you can wait, wait for the intel ivy bridge which is slated for a quarter2 launch next year.)

shipping of them starts in a week or so http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2011/08/26/amd-bu... you wont have to wait till next year.
m
l
a b à CPUs
September 6, 2011 11:42:13 AM

iam2thecrowe said:
shipping of them starts in a week or so http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2011/08/26/amd-bu... you wont have to wait till next year.

Iam2thecrow i think that news is dated a bit around 26 August and it has past the next week deadline.

There could be more that it may start around q4 2011.
Quote:
Meanwhile, a number of market indicators revealed this week that the highly-anticipated microprocessors based on Bulldozer micro-architecture may become available later than expected. The mass availability of next-generation high-end desktop FX-series central processing units code-named Zambezi in September is under question mark at the moment, an industrial source told X-bit labs. Other sources indicated that the desktop chips powered by Bulldozer micro-architecture will likely be launched sometimes in the fourth quarter of 2011, more than a quarter later than the company originally expected. AMD did not comment on the information.
http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20110901142352...
m
l