P8Z77-V-pro Ram issue

UkJack

Honorable
May 24, 2012
Tried installing Kingston 3 x 2gb 1600c9d3k3 ram into the motherboard. The computer works fine with just one stick in A2. Yet when I tried to install another stick in B2, like the manual says, the DRAM RED LED comes on when I reboot and my computer will refuse to boot up yet the will stay powered on. Ive tried all the sticks in the A2 slot and they all work fine. Only experience this problem when adding multiple RAM.

Any solutions?

there are new bios out from asus for updating the cpu and memory for most of there mb check to see that your bios is up to date. also as that a 3 dimm kit it sounds like it was made for the x58 mb. did you check to see if that ram was on the mb ram guild?? most new ib/sb ram is 1.5v rated. with some using a 1.6-1.65 max voltage of the ib/sb spec.

UkJack

Honorable
May 24, 2012

The Ram is compatible. I checked the manual and online. I have downloaded the new BIOS and the problem still persists. Still only allowing me to use one 2gb stick.

UkJack

Honorable
May 24, 2012

A0 and A1 work together B0 and B1 do not. 4gb is enough to keep me going for now. Thanks

shel10

Honorable
May 26, 2012
Just received an Asus P8Z77-V. First two RAM slots are good. Third and fourth slots are DOA. Asus tech support suggested using a single RAM stick and move it slot by slot to see if PC boots. If it doesn't, then they want the MB returned for warranty service. Since I purchased the MB through Amazon, I called, and they were willing to send me a new board while I was in the process of returning the defective unit. Looks like Asus has a quality control problem.