Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Asus P8P67 Deluxe, Corsair 800D & Hot Swap Drives

Last response: in Systems
June 10, 2011 2:02:04 AM

Hello,
So I've been having a lot of problems with my new build. Slowly I've been figuring them out, but I'm kind of stuck on 2 issues.
But first my build.

Case: Corsair 800D
MB: Asus P8P67 Deluxe
CPU: Intel 2600k
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB

Problems:
1. When the system boots up and is going through POST, I continously hit the del button, but I can't get into the BIOS. In fact the only way I can get into the BIOS is to remove the battery and then I will get prompted to get back into it, to setup

2. When I connect the hot swap drives, the system doesn't even get to the Windows Logo screen. I've gone into the bios and enabled the HOT plugs on each of the SATA interfaces, but still not booting into windows.

Any suggestions?
a c 113 B Homebuilt system
June 10, 2011 3:10:51 AM

1. Well that's odd. What keyboard are you using? I would swap it out and see if that clears up the issue with the UEFI access. Possibly switch to a different USB port too.

2. Do you have power connected to the hot-swap backplate?
m
l
June 10, 2011 11:12:14 AM

Proximon said:
1. Well that's odd. What keyboard are you using? I would swap it out and see if that clears up the issue with the UEFI access. Possibly switch to a different USB port too.

2. Do you have power connected to the hot-swap backplate?

Hi Proximon,

1. I've tried 2 different keyboards already, one USB and one wireless

2. Yes power is connected to the backplate.
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a c 113 B Homebuilt system
June 10, 2011 7:01:48 PM

I think I would try to flash the BIOS at this point, and if that fails to resolve the issue it might be time for an RMA/return.
June 11, 2011 12:56:40 AM

Firstly...Proximon you're my hero!

Secondly...good news and bad news...

Good News: I updated the bios, which seems to have solved the keyboard problem, so I am able to get into the BIOS when I hit the delete button.
Yea!!

Bad News: Still having problems with my Hot Swaps. I know something is happening, cause the system refuses to boot to even the Windows boot logo when I connect the power to them. I've made sure that Hot Plug has been enabled for the each of the drives.

Like I said, problems have been many, but slowly and surely they are being fixed.

Any other ideas/suggestions?

**UPDATE** System is now fully functional! Apparently one of the drives is giving trouble is the Swap Bay, so once I removed it everything has began to work quite dandy!

Proximon, I give all thanks and credit to you! I think you were the catalyst everything working out fine!
m
l
June 11, 2011 2:07:16 AM

Best answer selected by aviavy.
m
l
!