Sign in with
Your question

Z77 Extreme4 wont boot

Last response: in Motherboards
May 25, 2012 12:40:59 AM

When I turn on the power supply, the fans start spinning for a moment and the lights on the motherboard light up for the Power, Reset, and Cmos buttons, then the fans go off. During this time, the Dr. Debug light flashes a few random things real quickly (it seems to be a number + a garbage symbol? it's hard to tell). The power button on the case and on the motherboard do nothing and I can't really get any more meaningful responses out of the thing.

Any help?

More about : z77 extreme4 wont boot

June 13, 2012 4:50:03 AM

kronspik said:
When I turn on the power supply, the fans start spinning for a moment and the lights on the motherboard light up for the Power, Reset, and Cmos buttons, then the fans go off. During this time, the Dr. Debug light flashes a few random things real quickly (it seems to be a number + a garbage symbol? it's hard to tell). The power button on the case and on the motherboard do nothing and I can't really get any more meaningful responses out of the thing.

Any help?

I have the same problem. Have you found a solution?
June 13, 2012 5:14:11 AM

If you can try to tell what the debug code that Dr. Debug is reading out, there are explanations for each of the possible codes in the manual that came with your motherboard. Perhaps this will tell you something useful about what is going on.

Also try to determine whether it is reading out the same code everytime it interupts the boot process or if it is different.
Related resources
June 13, 2012 2:59:56 PM

The debug code is "10" "PEI Core is started"
June 13, 2012 6:34:25 PM

If i unplug my SSD drive it boots to BIOS. If i than plug in my SSD and restart it still works fine. But if i than turn off the computer and starts it again it only run for a few seconds and comes up with this Debug Code "10"
June 29, 2012 12:49:01 AM

I had the same problem for my first build recently with the same board, pc would turn on (fans and everything) for a few seconds then shut off. I made the beginner's mistake of not installing standoffs for the motherboard and the system would shut down automatically to prevent any damage. Try taking the mobo out of the case and turning the cp on. If it runs fine then that's your problem.
!