Newly Built Pc, Will not start and nothing happens

PJRE

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Hey, recently I built my first Pc, I used the internet and the manual which comes with the Mobo to put together all the parts, after all this was done, i hit the one button but nothing happened, nothing at all, no light, no movement, no sound. Absolutely nothing. I have made sure all wires are placed correctly. I have tried other power units but that didn't help. Any suggestion would be great :)

Thanks in Advance Patrick

beltzy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2010
If you're sure everything is connected correctly you probably are going to need to start individually testing each component. I'd check the PSU first, as even if it doesn't POST you should have things come alive.

Silly question but are you sure the power switch on your PSU is set to the On position?

PJRE

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
Hey guys , thanks for the responce, Beltzy, i have tested each component and i have even tried a different PSU nothing happens, and there isn't a power switch on the PSU.
JackNaylorPE, Its a 20+4 MoBo pin connector with the 4 pin atx and sorry i dont know what the paper clip test is.

ps3hacker12

Distinguished
if the paper clip test (green wire to any black ground wire) didnt work then you definetely have a PSU issue, did you make sure you put the power button jack in correctly? i made this error, (old case, with a new mobo had to plug it in so its slightly off the end of the jack).

PJRE

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011

Yeah it is :)