Hello

I've bought the following components to build my own PC:

ANTEC THREE-HUNDRED CASE
ASUS HD7970 DIRECTCU 2 PCI-E 3GB GDDR-5
INTEL CORE I7-3770K 3.5G 8M LGA1155 BOX
CORSAIR GS PSU 600W 14CM V2.3 80+
MB P8Z77-V/INTEL LGA1155 ATX
F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL G.Skill Ripjaws Gaming - DDR3 1600 Mhz - 2 x 4GB

I've assembled everything but I got stuck with an infinite reboot loop.
The leds all blink (the CPU one being the last) but they turn off during the reboot.
So, I've tried removing every component one by one and ended up having only the CPU and the RAM.

Now, with the RAM dimms in any combination, the system keeps rebooting. I've tried only both dimms in any of the slots, two dimms, nothing.
If I remove the RAM, then the motherboard does boot but of course, get's stuck without having ram (the ram led stays on in this case).

Any ideas what might be going here? Also would like to had that I don't have any "extra" components to swap around, so I'm kinda limited in what I can do.

BR

P.S. I haven't updated the BIOS yet, but according to all information this set-up should be supported "out-of-the-box"

Excentrik

Honorable
May 25, 2012

Well, I haven't tried that combination yet, mainly because the manual states that one should use just the A2 for single channel or A2+B2 for dual-channel.
But I've tried placing just one of the dimms in all the slots (A1,A2,B1,B2), and the result is the same except for B1, the system doesn't reboot but the memory led stays on.

Any reason why A1+B1 (black+black) would work?

Excentrik

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Yes, tried both of the dimms in the A2 slot, but both setups result in the reboot.

The thing is, I would assume that if the CPU has any problem, then the CPU led would be on.
If the RAM had any problem, the RAM led would be on (and not automatically reboot).
So, the only thing I can see is that the motherboard is faulty, which doesn't seem to be since it stays on with just the CPU.
I'm really at a loss here.

keithpaw

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012

Hello I just wondered if you sorted your motherboard problem out as I have the same issue.
kind regards
Keith Pawley
keithpawley@hotmail.com

Excentrik

Honorable
May 25, 2012
Well, I didn't exactly figure out what the problem was but I dissembled and reassembled everything again, step by step, double checking everything with the manual and got it to work. It also turned out that one of the RAM dimms was corrupted, but I doubt that was the cause of problem.

keithpaw

Honorable
Jul 14, 2012

Thanks for the quick reply I will give that ago when I get back off my holidays I was just trying to sort it out before I go :)
When I boot mine the memory LED flickers then goes out the the CPU LED flickers then that goes out then it does it all over again.
regards
Keith

Mohammad Zain

Honorable
Apr 26, 2013
Alright here it goes.. Apologize for lack of info.

I got this new board two days ago, fixed up everything and I just wont start. Took it back to retailer and he showed me I was putting the RAM at the wrong slot :( ! It actually worked right away when he plugged into his monitor with my RAM, my CPU and his GPU and his PSU (550w). I was totally shocked but happy thinking I can do this back at home.

Reached home assembled everything again. This time RAM at its right place and hit the start switch! The fans rolled and then the mobo went into a boot loop about after 5 sec. This happened for like 3 to 4 times after which I switched off the pc myself and then restarted it, it began normally but no display!

Searched online for any solution, many suggested to update bios so I did and ah... a boot loop again :(. So I got two problems. No video, that is either from the GPU DVI cable nor from the vga from mobo including HDMI from both as well.

PC SPECS:
RAM: Mushkin 1600 MHz 2x4 Gb
GPU: Nvidia GTX 560 Ti
CPU: i7 3770k
Board: Asus P8Z77 -v Pro
Heatsink: Noctua nh-d14
PSU: Thermaltake TR2 600W
Monitor 1 Test: 20" 1600 x 900

raja@asus

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2011
Take the board out of the case if you have it installed on one and try it on a non-conductive surface. Check the CPU cooler is not too tight and also make sure there are no shorts on the back of the board. Plug in the kyboard only and a single memory module. See if that helps. If not take all of your components down to the local store and see if you can debug which is causing the issue.

Nobama

Honorable
Jun 17, 2013
Change your power settings in BIOS to NORMAL, whenever I change mine to HIGH PERFORMANCE, it gets stuck in the infinite boot loop.
If you press DEL key to bring up BIOS right after boot, then you can change the power setting in there.