Asus touchpad problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

koming

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
Hello,I purchased Asus Laptop G73JW less than a year.
I have found the touchpad moved and jump by itself when I tried to scroll down/up or right/left the page. I went to the setting to remove most of the multi-finger function, pinch enlarge functions,brought the palm detection to the highest red edge to prevent curse wrong move. Still I have problem of cursor Jumping around. And sometimes even didn't follow finger movement until 3-4 sec paused then started to "wake up" and move again. I have download the driver from Asus website which is Synaptics Win7 64Bit vers.150110 problem remained and udated to the verson 150220 Still have the same problems. Any body has the resolution? I saw User forum, Birdgofly posted on 7/31/09 he has Asus x83vbx2 looked had the similiar problem.

damian86

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Try uninstalling the Synaptics driver and reboot the computer. Then once Windows installs the default driver check if it works normally or does the same(if it does the same make sure that it didnt install the same Synaptics driver again)! If it works normally with the Windows driver,it is probably an issue with the Synaptics driver.

mickfromsvg

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2011

Funny enough I've been having that same problem, on my G73JW.. Like you've tried adjusting the settings, then updated the drivers and finally the Bios. None of which have helped at all. The cursor still sporadically jumps all over the screen (even when not being used), did you manage to find a fix or workaround?

bobthemagicmoose

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2011
I have a smilar issue with my Asus U41J. I sent it in TWICE to Asus and they reformatted my computer and "replaced the touchpad" (I'm incredulous) but it still jumps around. When movin my finger in a straight line at a constant rate the cursor jumps all around. I have noticed that parts of the trackpad are worse than others, it's almost as if the sensor grid has been warped. I am pretty confident it is a hardware problem.

As an aside I had a HP tx2100 tablet computer and many users including myself had the problem that the fan would build up static electricity and then the screen would think I was using the pen in the bottom near the fan. This caused erratic cursor movements independant of whether I was on the computer. The fix was some simple tin-foil in between. You problem reminded me of that~

koming

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
None of the suggestions could resolve the problems. Neither Windows 7 default driver, nor Synaptics latest driver can help.
I end up using USB external mouse to resolve these headache. Hoping one day Asus can team up Synaptics to resolve this problem.

Pablo_Wolf

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012

Hello! I love Asus computers and think they are the best in price to price coparisons, but what are they thinking with these stupid touchpads!!!

In my case the Asus touchpad was driving me crazy until a few moments ago, at least I think. Touchpad would randomly scroll by itself, not respond to clicks on the pad and worse of all, the pointer would move in opposite directions as my finger!!! To get it back to normal I would have to bang the pad hard, but the effect never lasted too long!!

I disabled the scrolling feature (and all other "fancy" features) and now seems to work quite normal.

Try disabling all the extras!

(Using Linux Opensuse 11.4 KDE4)

Status
Not open for further replies.