Getting displays to clone when running 3d applications (games)

wannaturnuptheheat

Distinguished
Jul 23, 2010
Howdy gents, I'm just wondering if there's a fix for the issue that I'm having. Now, I'm not sure what the cause is, and I've narrowed it down to two things: Driver updates, or Crossfire.

I was previously able to get my computer to duplicate a game on both the main monitor and the TV I have it connected to (which is about 20 feet away). Because it was duplicated, I could use the keyboard and mouse to adjust settings/launch the game/navigate the menu (for a few games that won't recognize the controller while in menus), and then would go sit on the couch, kick back, and play games with the controller. Now, since the last time I did that successfully, I have changed my system in two significant ways: Added a second card for CFX, and updated drivers to CCC 11.2. Since then, I haven't been able to get a proper clone setup; I can force a game to run in Windowed mode, and that will allow the screens to be cloned, but as soon as I go fullscreen, whichever display isn't "preferred" goes bye-bye. I obviously don't want to run in windowed mode if I don't have to.

Does anyone know if CFX has a known effect on cloned displays like this? Or is there a setting in CCC I'm missing? I'd rather not have to rollback drivers if I can avoid it, and I obviously would prefer not to lose CFX abilities.