PC Wont Power On - Power Supply Good

phantom552

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
My PC won't turn on; I hit the power button, and not a single thing moves. Not even a fan.

I do, however, have the power light on the mobo, and I took the PSU out of my PC, and put it in another one, and that PC booted right up.

I've reseated my video card, sound card, ram cards. I also swapped out the power switch on the front of my case. Still, my computer refuses to power on.

Any ideas?

phantom552

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
No recent post / runtime beeps or behavioral changes, not a new build, and there are zero signs of life when I hit the power switch. Not even a fan twitch or a hard drive noise.

All I did was power down the PC (it did work before this) to remove some dust that had built up on the case fans. Then when I went to turn it back on, nada.

The only lights that show on the mobo are the power and reset buttons (Asus P6T Deluxe v2) and even pressing the motherboard's power switch, I get no signs of life from the power supply, case fans, hard drive, or any other component.

phantom552

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2011
The RAM is seated, and Ive tried powering it on with bare minimum hardware, and still nothing. I'm pretty sure something will need to be replaced at this point, but what could cause something like this to happen?

maqueman

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2011
Hi!

Try to remove the motherboard battery for a while. I had the same problem earlier, and removing (resetting) the battery fixed it. Something wrong with the BIOS.