griff017

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2011
I am having issues with my PC booting.

Stats are as follows:

XFX 680i SLI mobo... (the only one i know off the top of my head let me know if you need more)

The error reads,

"Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.

This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external usb drive while the device is in use, or by faulty hardware such as a hard drive or a CD-ROM drie that is failing. MAke sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.

If you continue to receie this error message, contact the hardware manufactorer/

File: \Boot\BCD

Info: An unexpected I/o error has occurred

Enter=Continue ESC=EXIT"

The USB and PCI slots do not function as well.

Also when I hit Enter or ESC it just restarts and takes me back to the same screen.

Any help would be amazingly appreciated.

Solution
Boot from your windows cd and run startup and repair. This will repair your boot files.
you can also try and remove all your drives except the hard drive to find out which is causing the error.

almartin

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2011
Boot from your windows cd and run startup and repair. This will repair your boot files.
you can also try and remove all your drives except the hard drive to find out which is causing the error.

Solution