May 24, 2011
Hi everyone,
Before I begin, here is my current setup:

Intel Core i5 2500k
Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3 Motherboard
XFX Radeon HD6950 1GB Graphics Card
8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 DDR3 RAM
Corsair 750w PSU

Right now I have my HP LP2475w as my monitor, with some USB peripherals plugged in to that (scanner, Wacom tablet). I'm still using my old Apple Keyboard with Numpad, and a Logitech v450 Wireless Laser mouse. My USB receiver is plugged into my keyboard, as there seems to be interference when plugged in elsewhere (so the mouse receiver is right next to the mouse).

My problem is this: Often times, the mouse double clicks by accident, which is incredibly frustrating when web browsing or using Windows Explorer. Similarly, when using Adobe Illustrator, one mouse click often seems like two mouse clicks, and I am having an incredibly tough time doing the simplest of things. This does not happen when using my Wacom Tablet. Because of this, every now and then I try to click and drag something and it doesn't quite register.

The only thing that I suppose is striking me odd right now is that under Device Manager, I have several HID Compliant Devices. Shouldn't I only have one? I tried uninstalling them one by one, but soon enough, they were all there again. Is this a common problem with mice in W7 Home Premium? I didn't think it was my mouse, as it still works fine on other computers. I haven't tried another mouse on this yet, but I'd like to do that next.

Any ideas would be really helpful.

For reference, this is what my "USB Receiver" properties looks like under Devices and Printers:

http://tinyurl.com/3o6gv8r

bdvtheone

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
Does the mouse double click on its own or when you click ?

I had that issue once before and it turned out to be the mouse that was faulty, missing drivers would not cause your mouse to double click.

I would suggest testing another mouse on your set-up to see what happens. My money is on the mouse being faulty :)

DaLlaw

Honorable
Mar 10, 2012
I have the same problem and its not the mouse. I am using an external keyboard with my system (so I can use my 24" monitor) and this setup seems to throw Windows 7 into disarray. The keyboard double-types (and occasionally misses a character) and the mouse double-clicks (and occasionally misses clicks). There is no problem with using my mouse without the external keyboard. There is also no problem using the "internal" keyboard. However, the laptop screen obstructs the view of my monitor (hence the external keyboard). I am also using a Black Widow mechanical keyboard. I much prefer the mechanical keyboard to the keyboard provided with the laptop. I have not been able to find a solution yet.

corbryant

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012

I just built a new gaming system and this issue started for me. I do have the Logitech mouse as someone suggest might be the issue in this thread, but I'd be surprised if it were. It's weird though. Sometimes I grab a title bar for an app to drag it from one screen to another and it thinks I double clicked, other times it thinks I let go of the mouse button while dragging when I did not. The thing is, I had this mouse on my old system with XP and it worked fine. I built the new system, plugged it in and it's doing this. I guess it's possible that it's the mouse, but I can swear I'm having keyboard issues as well. Double spacing, missing keystrokes, etc. I have an identical Logitech mouse at the office so I'm going to swap them out and see if it really is the mouse. I hope not, they don't make my model of mouse anymore and it's hard to find for a decent price. LOL

corbryant

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
It's my mouse for sure. I brought an identical mouse home from work and plugged both in. The work mouse is fine. Nothing at all to do with Windows or drivers. <sigh>