Presario X1000 cd rom boot

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
June 9, 2005 12:47:16 AM

I have just aquired a Presario X1000 with Windows XP on it.

I would like to change the OS to Win2K, but there is no CD-ROM boot option
under the "boot order" menu accessible via F10, only IR and hard drive.

I have some boot floppies I made from the install CD, but there are no
floppy drives on the Presario.

When I start the machine and put the Win2k disk in, the desktop says "the
windows on the CD is older than the current version and so the install
buttons will be disabled."

Will someone please suggest a way for me to install my desired OS on this
machine?

Thank you,

Todd W.
June 9, 2005 12:47:17 AM

I'm not experienced with laptops, but can't you just format/wipe the
disk first?

Or does the laptop prevent you from doing that?
!