Cannot boot up after Clr CMOS!

Infrantic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
Hey,

My friend brought his computer to my place, and after we plugged it in, none of his USB ports would work.
No matter what we put in the USB ports, it wouldn't register when the PC booted up.
We tried different solutions, but nothing seemed to work. We then tried to clear the CMOS with the jumpers on his motherboard, and now we're getting a black screen with white writing while booting up with information on the hardware, saying "USB Devices total: 0 KBDs, 0 MICE, 0 MASS, 2 HUBs" and to press DEL or F1 to enter BIOS, but since it's still not registering the keyboard, we can't even enter the BIOS.
The Motherboard is an ASRock Z68 Pro3.

Does anyone know what else we could do? Did clearing the CMOS *** it up for us? We've tried unplugging all hardware and reconnecting it one by one, but that didn't seem to help at all.

check to see what plugged into his ports. sometime devices like ipods can pull to much voltage and lock the ports up. also check in side his cae with the power off. that the ram and video card are seated and all the cables are plugged in. I would also pull the power from the wall for 10 min then clear the cmos. if the system holding power the glitch might no clear itself. (bad side is the mb usb chips could been zapped from a damaged keyboard or mouse check to see that the usb plugs on both are fine.

Infrantic

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2011
We've plugged nothing in the USB ports but the keyboard and mouse. We're gonna try powering it off for a bit and then checking again, we've checked and rechecked that all cables and hardware is plugged in correctly. It it normal that it boots up fine, albeit without the keyboard and mouse, but when we clear cmos, we can't boot up at all??