Your question

I cant figure out which motherboard the PC has

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Acer
  • Hewlett Packard
Last response: in Motherboards
May 25, 2012 10:25:51 PM

Hi people. I have been looking at this PC "Acer Aspire M1470" as a replacement for my last HP which just stopped working correctly.
It seems like a PC that suits my needs but, i would like a new PC which has PCI-E slots for 2 graphic cards, and i cant figure out which motherboard the Acer PC has. Havn't found any sites which tells me how to find out, and i've searched a lot for the name of the board without luck - and since i havn't actually bought it yet i cant use any programs to find out.

Any tricks or tips would be appreciated!

- Patrick

More about : figure motherboard

a c 137 V Motherboard
May 25, 2012 10:42:13 PM

I can't find any info on it either, but it's highly doubtful that it has 2 PCIe x16 slots, since it's a medium range OEM system. Seems a bit expensive to me, actually. My own system (which is much more powerful) cost less than that (a little over $900 compared to a little over $1100 for the Acer). I didn't have to get a monitor, mouse or keyboard when I built it because I already had them, but still.
May 25, 2012 11:42:59 PM

Hm.. It just annoys me that i can't find any information about such an important part of the PC.
Well, the PC is currently on a sale for about $700 which is pretty cheap (especially in Denmark) - that's why i'm considering it - had it costed me $1100 i would have never even considered it.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to check it out. ;) 
Related resources
a c 137 V Motherboard
May 25, 2012 11:51:01 PM

Yeah, $700 is about right for that system, I think. It IS strange that there's not a lot of info on it though, but I still say that I doubt it has 2 x16 slots. Most mid range/low end OEM systems don't.
May 26, 2012 12:24:59 AM

It sure is strange, but alright then i think i'm going to try to continue my search and follow your advice ;)  Stupid not to use 2 cards when you have them lying around.
Thanks again.
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2012 12:54:42 AM

I just found something, it took a lot of searching but I found the answer to the question

Quote:
Mainboard
Connections 4x DDR3, PCIe x16, PCIe x1, 2x USB 3.0, 8x USB 2.0, RJ-45, 5 x Audio

Source: http://www.alternate.at/html/product/Acer/Aspire_M1470/...

I used Chrome and had it translated.
May 26, 2012 12:43:57 PM

Thank you so much cliffro - but i'm still a little confused though.

Does this enumeration show that there is 1 PCIe x16 slot and 1 x1 slot all in all or that there are 1 of these slots free (a x16 and a x1)

Or didn't they specify how many slots there are? (Only that the mainboard supports the connection?
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2012 9:51:31 PM

You'll notice that for DDR3, USB 3.0/2.0 and Audio it lists the number of ports/slots. Now I'm just guessing but one could safely assume it means there are only 1 of each of the others.

And considering Acer isn't really known for Gaming Rigs, it should confirm its most likely just a single slot.
!