I'm trying to build out a PC for my family and having an issue trying to get into the BIOS.
- ASUS P9X79 Deluxe X79 LGA2011
- Intel Core I7 3930K
- 4GBx4 GSkill F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH (Memory)
- Corsair CSSD-P256GBP-BK R (SSD Drive)
- VGA Sapphire 11201-02-40G HD7770 R
- PSU Corsair CMPSU-850AX
- CPU Cooler - Corsair H80
I've hooked everything up and it seems to be up and running. But, I can't see a BIOS screen.
Here is what happens when I boot -
1) Everything fires up
2) I get one short beep (according to the manual that means it can't find a keyboard, but I can press numlock on the keyboard and see the status change locally)
3) The QCode says A2 - or IDE Detect.
I don't have a DVD drive hooked up and I am using a DVI to VGA converter to hook it up to an older monitor. Maybe it is missing a DVD drive in the boot sequence? The weird thing is that I can't see the boot sequence on the screen (as I would with all the other computers I work with) - maybe that is the DVI->VGA issue?
Any thoughts? I have to leave sunday and would love for them to have a working computer.