11.3 CCC is out!

I hope it finally fixes the 99% GPU usage at idle mode along with raise of clocks in 2D.
Since 10.11,10.12,11.1 and 11.2 all had issues for me,I'm gonna wait for some feedbacks before installing 11.3

Edit,just read few user impressions and it seems the 99% GPU usage bug,mouse lag are still there. :(

ive only heard a few people complain about the 99% cpu usage bug, maybe its a bug with your computer or something? or an incompatability with certain setups? still, if the issue is there, it should have been addressed by now, unless its not a fault of AMD's drivers.

wiinippongamer

Distinguished
I never had any of those problems you mention, since 10.2 when I bought my card, all the way to 11.3, only a few minor bugs like CCC not remembering video settings (solved in 10.8) and the "pink hue" that's only because AMD changed the default color temperature setting from 6500k to 6600k in CCC since 10.11( I think), just put it back to 6500k and it's back to normal and remembers the setting with every driver update.

I think all the bashing on AMD's drivers are just a huge conspirancy from nv/ intel fanboys, I actually had some real issues with nv drivers on vista, I think it's all made up or that the problem is with the users emselves, alot of people just install on top while having a bunch of bloated crap running in the background, they're just too lazy to even uninstall a friggin' driver properly, some don't even know how to uninstall them , then they come cryin that "AMD driver sux", bunch of morons.

I agree with you, that the majority of users probably only have minor issues, if any at all. My post above was just a summary of the issues listed in forum posts from that link.

The thing is, when you read a post like that one I linked, it's just ATI/AMD users on there, and the issues and frustration they describe are real. If you read a similar post for the latest Nvidia drivers, with just Nvidia users posting, there is a dramatic difference in the tone.

I mean, forum posts like this are enough to make you sick:
"Man the performance under DX11 in Dragon Age 2 is MUCH BETTER ! I run the game very smooth under DX11 very high, and all max except DOF. And guess what? This is only a nvidia driver, if bioware is releasing a patch for optimizations, the game will run even better This driver is very nice Thanks nvidia"

Carc369

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
I don't see any improvements in any benchmarks with 11.3. It was just a pointless upgrade for me.

on the plus side I don't have any of the negatives listed either. I had a pink screen from the 10.10 (I think) when I had my 5850 but not in the 11.x drivers. I've never had to deal with the 99% GPU usage when idling bug either.

wiinippongamer

Distinguished

SO the problem is actually on the AMD users being more realistic and less childish than nV users? I think you have a point there! :D

Just adding my own 11.3 thoughts:

AA is still broken in Lego Batman... it's been broken since 10.11. Too bad HD69xx series cards don't work with the older drivers. My son is forced to play his game with less eye candy with a video card 3x more powerful than before the upgrade!

Revelate

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

Mate I still get the same problem, I started getting the pink shmmering/flickering with 11.2 but ive had the mouse problem since 10.12. I have since tried 11.3 and 11.4p and I get the same graphic issues running dual 4890's. I dont get any issues with CCC 10.11. So for anyone having this issue, this did work for me, uninstall the Driver you're using and go back to 10.11 until you hear they have fixed it maybe. I already spewed at ATI twice about this in the hope that something will get done about it. Since everytime, I uninstall my old driver - reboot the machine, install the new one then reboot it again. Ive even tried driver sweeper a coupple of times and I recently reinstalled my OS and put a clean install of catalyst 11.2 on there and I still got the same issues. 10.11 is the best thing to try until they fix it, also ATI's CAP's are compatible with drivers from 10.2 onwards and as an example, Shogun 2 runs jsut the same with 11.4p as it does with 10.11 with the CAP update they did a coupple weeks ago if you use a crossfire platfrom, so you wont notice much difference. The only thing that annoyed me about going back to 10.11 was ATI actually fixed the dimming screen for EVE Online in 10.12 where the mouse lag box started. But thats all I have to deal with but everything else still runs smooth as a babys bum.

Cheers

AMD's crossfire drivers are trash, had every problem/bug known to man with 6870 crossfire and switched to a single less powerful Nv and couldn't be more satisfied atm.

Its not a matter of not knwing the various fixes for the various issues, its just that when you spend over 400 in gpus you excpect them to work as advertised and to make a long story short (especially in regard to minimum fps) they just did not live up to what was promised overall.

Carc369

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010
The single drivers work fine for me. I don't get crossfire or SLI because of that reason.

I see you have a 570. I was gonna go that route but the 6950 unlocked seemed much better of an idea because of the price.

^^^
Yes, I got my 570 for $304 so just a hair more expensive then a 6950 with the performance of a 6970 and beyond was not a bad deal at all for me...

I think the AMD single card solutions are fine but if your going for a dual card setup I stand by sli over crossfire (even though a single oc'ed 570 is suiting me well and basically performing at 580 levels with stock voltage) fan is silent and temps never go above 70c

Revelate

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2009

I'm seriously considering doing the same thing, except the only Nvidia card I have lying around is a GTS 250 1GB, so it probably wont live up to even 1 4890's performance, that's all thats holidn me back until i get some more funds.

Carc369

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2010

Yea my 6950 was $269 with $10 promo and $30 rebate which is why I went with it. $230 for reference 6950 was an awesome deal. But yea I definitely would've went with the 570 if the 6950 wasn't unlockable due to my experience with the drivers last year for my 5850.

So far this years drivers have been good to me so no regrets.

HighPies

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2011
The people that have driver problems just dont know what they doing, I never had one problem with my Nv 7800gs and i havnt had one problem with my current ati 5770. The drivers for both where rock solid for me.

z06psi

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010

That is pretty presumptuous of you. I would say I know exactly what I am doing and my 6950 X-fire solution is a train wreck when it comes to performance. Don't try to take me down noob lane with all the things you think you are going to tell me how to X-fire either. Not my first rodeo.

I am not a fanboy of either brand I will use what works. I need 4+ monitor support so that is why I run AMD but these drivers are just trash for X-fire.