Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

11.3 CCC is out!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
March 29, 2011 9:06:51 PM

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads....

I know 11.4 preview drivers are out so please post results on which one is better and your system specs (if they aren't in your sig).

More about : ccc

March 29, 2011 11:48:21 PM

I just hope once I install this, my heat problems would go away...
m
0
l
March 30, 2011 12:20:38 AM

Finally!

11.4 made my cpu idle at 30% for no reason, back to 11.2 and it's 0-1% again. hpe this is better
m
0
l
Related resources
a b \ Driver
March 30, 2011 1:12:38 AM

Hope springs eternal.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
March 30, 2011 7:23:11 AM

I hope it finally fixes the 99% GPU usage at idle mode along with raise of clocks in 2D.
Since 10.11,10.12,11.1 and 11.2 all had issues for me,I'm gonna wait for some feedbacks before installing 11.3

Edit,just read few user impressions and it seems the 99% GPU usage bug,mouse lag are still there. :( 
m
0
l
March 30, 2011 9:55:41 AM

ive only heard a few people complain about the 99% cpu usage bug, maybe its a bug with your computer or something? or an incompatability with certain setups? still, if the issue is there, it should have been addressed by now, unless its not a fault of AMD's drivers.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
March 30, 2011 11:12:09 AM

Only a few ? check guru3d forums for instance, and you'll see there are lots of users(with both CF and single cards) who suffer from this issue.
With anything higher than Catalyst 10.10,I have this bug
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
March 30, 2011 6:13:06 PM

I have to say I agree with Maziar, the GPU usage bug has been noted repeatedly for months now in these and several other forums. The shimmering issue is another problem that just won't seem to go away.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
March 30, 2011 6:57:28 PM

11.3 drivers are older than the 11.4 drivers (there are two versions of the 11.4's, March 23rd is the more recent one). Most of the problems with the 11.4 drivers are still there with the 11.3's: pink screen hue, shimmering/flickering, mouse lag, 99% usage bug, etc.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=341660
m
0
l
March 30, 2011 9:01:31 PM

I never had any of those problems you mention, since 10.2 when I bought my card, all the way to 11.3, only a few minor bugs like CCC not remembering video settings (solved in 10.8) and the "pink hue" that's only because AMD changed the default color temperature setting from 6500k to 6600k in CCC since 10.11( I think), just put it back to 6500k and it's back to normal and remembers the setting with every driver update.

I think all the bashing on AMD's drivers are just a huge conspirancy from nv/ intel fanboys, I actually had some real issues with nv drivers on vista, I think it's all made up or that the problem is with the users emselves, alot of people just install on top while having a bunch of bloated crap running in the background, they're just too lazy to even uninstall a friggin' driver properly, some don't even know how to uninstall them , then they come cryin that "AMD driver sux", bunch of morons.

m
0
l
a b \ Driver
March 30, 2011 9:22:05 PM

wiinippongamer said:
I never had any of those problems you mention, since 10.2 when I bought my card, all the way to 11.3, only a few minor bugs like CCC not remembering video settings (solved in 10.8) and the "pink hue" that's only because AMD changed the default color temperature setting from 6500k to 6600k in CCC since 10.11( I think), just put it back to 6500k and it's back to normal and remembers the setting with every driver update.

I think all the bashing on AMD's drivers are just a huge conspirancy from nv/ intel fanboys, I actually had some real issues with nv drivers on vista, I think it's all made up or that the problem is with the users emselves, alot of people just install on top while having a bunch of bloated crap running in the background, they're just too lazy to even uninstall a friggin' driver properly, some don't even know how to uninstall them , then they come cryin that "AMD driver sux", bunch of morons.

I agree with you, that the majority of users probably only have minor issues, if any at all. My post above was just a summary of the issues listed in forum posts from that link.

The thing is, when you read a post like that one I linked, it's just ATI/AMD users on there, and the issues and frustration they describe are real. If you read a similar post for the latest Nvidia drivers, with just Nvidia users posting, there is a dramatic difference in the tone.

I mean, forum posts like this are enough to make you sick:
"Man the performance under DX11 in Dragon Age 2 is MUCH BETTER ! I run the game very smooth under DX11 very high, and all max except DOF. And guess what? This is only a nvidia driver, if bioware is releasing a patch for optimizations, the game will run even better This driver is very nice Thanks nvidia"
m
0
l
March 30, 2011 9:27:24 PM

I don't see any improvements in any benchmarks with 11.3. It was just a pointless upgrade for me.

on the plus side I don't have any of the negatives listed either. I had a pink screen from the 10.10 (I think) when I had my 5850 but not in the 11.x drivers. I've never had to deal with the 99% GPU usage when idling bug either.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
March 30, 2011 9:57:57 PM

The pink screen hue can be fixed by doing "restore factory defaults" (not just Default). I had that on my 5850 a while back, but I haven't seen it recently/
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 1:37:04 AM

17seconds said:
I agree with you, that the majority of users probably only have minor issues, if any at all. My post above was just a summary of the issues listed in forum posts from that link.

The thing is, when you read a post like that one I linked, it's just ATI/AMD users on there, and the issues and frustration they describe are real. If you read a similar post for the latest Nvidia drivers, with just Nvidia users posting, there is a dramatic difference in the tone.

I mean, forum posts like this are enough to make you sick:
"Man the performance under DX11 in Dragon Age 2 is MUCH BETTER ! I run the game very smooth under DX11 very high, and all max except DOF. And guess what? This is only a nvidia driver, if bioware is releasing a patch for optimizations, the game will run even better This driver is very nice Thanks nvidia"



SO the problem is actually on the AMD users being more realistic and less childish than nV users? I think you have a point there! :D 
m
0
l
March 31, 2011 12:58:23 PM

Just adding my own 11.3 thoughts:

AA is still broken in Lego Batman... it's been broken since 10.11. Too bad HD69xx series cards don't work with the older drivers. My son is forced to play his game with less eye candy with a video card 3x more powerful than before the upgrade!
m
0
l
April 2, 2011 3:45:19 PM

17seconds said:
11.3 drivers are older than the 11.4 drivers (there are two versions of the 11.4's, March 23rd is the more recent one). Most of the problems with the 11.4 drivers are still there with the 11.3's: pink screen hue, shimmering/flickering, mouse lag, 99% usage bug, etc.
http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=341660


Mate I still get the same problem, I started getting the pink shmmering/flickering with 11.2 but ive had the mouse problem since 10.12. I have since tried 11.3 and 11.4p and I get the same graphic issues running dual 4890's. I dont get any issues with CCC 10.11. So for anyone having this issue, this did work for me, uninstall the Driver you're using and go back to 10.11 until you hear they have fixed it maybe. I already spewed at ATI twice about this in the hope that something will get done about it. Since everytime, I uninstall my old driver - reboot the machine, install the new one then reboot it again. Ive even tried driver sweeper a coupple of times and I recently reinstalled my OS and put a clean install of catalyst 11.2 on there and I still got the same issues. 10.11 is the best thing to try until they fix it, also ATI's CAP's are compatible with drivers from 10.2 onwards and as an example, Shogun 2 runs jsut the same with 11.4p as it does with 10.11 with the CAP update they did a coupple weeks ago if you use a crossfire platfrom, so you wont notice much difference. The only thing that annoyed me about going back to 10.11 was ATI actually fixed the dimming screen for EVE Online in 10.12 where the mouse lag box started. But thats all I have to deal with but everything else still runs smooth as a babys bum.

Cheers
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
April 2, 2011 7:05:33 PM

wiinippongamer said:
SO the problem is actually on the AMD users being more realistic and less childish than nV users? I think you have a point there! :D 

Or the majority of Nv users have no problems to report so only the few bored noobs post anything. :whistle:  :sol: 
m
0
l
April 3, 2011 2:54:02 AM

AMD's crossfire drivers are trash, had every problem/bug known to man with 6870 crossfire and switched to a single less powerful Nv and couldn't be more satisfied atm.

Its not a matter of not knwing the various fixes for the various issues, its just that when you spend over 400 in gpus you excpect them to work as advertised and to make a long story short (especially in regard to minimum fps) they just did not live up to what was promised overall.
m
0
l
April 3, 2011 3:07:17 AM

The single drivers work fine for me. I don't get crossfire or SLI because of that reason.

I see you have a 570. I was gonna go that route but the 6950 unlocked seemed much better of an idea because of the price.
m
0
l
April 3, 2011 5:06:22 AM

^^^
Yes, I got my 570 for $304 so just a hair more expensive then a 6950 with the performance of a 6970 and beyond was not a bad deal at all for me...

I think the AMD single card solutions are fine but if your going for a dual card setup I stand by sli over crossfire (even though a single oc'ed 570 is suiting me well and basically performing at 580 levels with stock voltage) fan is silent and temps never go above 70c
m
0
l
April 3, 2011 5:09:29 AM

jjb8675309 said:
AMD's crossfire drivers are trash, had every problem/bug known to man with 6870 crossfire and switched to a single less powerful Nv and couldn't be more satisfied atm.

Its not a matter of not knwing the various fixes for the various issues, its just that when you spend over 400 in gpus you excpect them to work as advertised and to make a long story short (especially in regard to minimum fps) they just did not live up to what was promised overall.


I'm seriously considering doing the same thing, except the only Nvidia card I have lying around is a GTS 250 1GB, so it probably wont live up to even 1 4890's performance, that's all thats holidn me back until i get some more funds.
m
0
l
April 3, 2011 10:37:15 AM

jjb8675309 said:
^^^
Yes, I got my 570 for $304 so just a hair more expensive then a 6950 with the performance of a 6970 and beyond was not a bad deal at all for me...

I think the AMD single card solutions are fine but if your going for a dual card setup I stand by sli over crossfire (even though a single oc'ed 570 is suiting me well and basically performing at 580 levels with stock voltage) fan is silent and temps never go above 70c


Yea my 6950 was $269 with $10 promo and $30 rebate which is why I went with it. $230 for reference 6950 was an awesome deal. But yea I definitely would've went with the 570 if the 6950 wasn't unlockable due to my experience with the drivers last year for my 5850.

So far this years drivers have been good to me so no regrets.
m
0
l
April 3, 2011 11:03:31 AM

The people that have driver problems just dont know what they doing, I never had one problem with my Nv 7800gs and i havnt had one problem with my current ati 5770. The drivers for both where rock solid for me.
m
0
l
April 3, 2011 12:01:42 PM

HighPies said:
The people that have driver problems just dont know what they doing, I never had one problem with my Nv 7800gs and i havnt had one problem with my current ati 5770. The drivers for both where rock solid for me.



That is pretty presumptuous of you. I would say I know exactly what I am doing and my 6950 X-fire solution is a train wreck when it comes to performance. Don't try to take me down noob lane with all the things you think you are going to tell me how to X-fire either. Not my first rodeo.

I am not a fanboy of either brand I will use what works. I need 4+ monitor support so that is why I run AMD but these drivers are just trash for X-fire.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
April 3, 2011 1:40:11 PM

HighPies, Crossfire and SLI drivers are much more complex for ATI/NVidia to get working, so there are usually a lot more problems with them than the single cards.
m
0
l
April 3, 2011 3:20:36 PM

HighPies said:
The people that have driver problems just dont know what they doing, I never had one problem with my Nv 7800gs and i havnt had one problem with my current ati 5770. The drivers for both where rock solid for me.


I am fully capable of fixing issues that CAN be fixed....single card AMD drivers are basically fine, but crossfire drivers are *** not to mention there pathetic minimum fps figures
m
0
l
April 3, 2011 11:57:22 PM

He's only saying that because he gets low fps no matter what. XD

Seriously though, last year the drivers were bad. I was unable to play RE5 at one point because the video would turn black during cutscenes. I was getting 15fps in Borderlands the whole time. BC2 kept crashing.
m
0
l
April 4, 2011 1:00:52 AM

yeah fun times indeed
m
0
l
April 4, 2011 9:41:58 PM

well with the 11.4 drivers my first gpu stays at 3d mode even after i restart my computer.. I tried the load a game and turn it off trick too but that didnt work either.. running a 4870x2.. everything plays great though.. second gpu jumps up to 3d mode when i open a game.. getting great fps
m
0
l
April 4, 2011 10:40:44 PM

word to your moms I came to drop bombs...

and what is your minimum fps like with the 4870X2? which still has plenty of theoretical power for dx10
m
0
l
April 4, 2011 11:16:26 PM

I just installed the 11.3 drivers and the cap 1.. 2d and 3d modes back working properly
m
0
l
April 4, 2011 11:28:30 PM

Well I really don't push the card all that hard.. I only play with my resolution set to 720p since its hooked up to my tv.. I usually stay around 60fps since I keep the vsync on so I don't get screen tearing. I turn the AA and AF up on high and I usually play with games on ultra or hardcore settings.. as far as minimum fps i am unsure..
m
0
l
April 5, 2011 1:47:43 AM

sounds good, why don't you do a fraps run to find out
m
0
l
April 6, 2011 12:41:00 AM

what game should i test?
m
0
l
April 6, 2011 3:05:52 AM

metro 2033
m
0
l
April 8, 2011 5:27:25 AM

I installed 11.3 on tuesday, along with win 7 SP1...and from since, Ive had a persistant video quality issue.

So, the beginning. Installed 11.3. Laggy as hell CCC. Rolled back to 10.12. Then came the SP1 (aut. update). And then live messenger went mad and FF 4 (updated as well) lagged like hell. And finally, WMP would not play video, only audio in films.

So, 2 days later, got a new HDD, a fresh install of SP1 Win7..and now my video quality is messed up. Still, 11.3 drivers.

Videos, that have good quality, mainly DVD and 720p are now blurred and have a bit of noise in them. I've tried poking in WMP and CCC settings, but nothing.

Installed K-lite codec pack..nothing. Installed VLC player, the same issue.

REALLY hoping for an update to fix these damn issues!

-------------------------------
Intel Q9450, 4gb DDR3, Club3D 4890 OC, 700GB Hdd, Win7 SP1 6.1.7601 build 7601, CCC 11.3, driver 8.831.2.0.
m
0
l
April 8, 2011 2:39:38 PM

well I'm sorry to say but that what you get generally with amd, where is psycho gloating about his 6990s? oh yeah hes probably abandoned them already and too ashamed to admit it, crossfire drivers suck, period.
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
April 8, 2011 3:59:22 PM

I generally recommend avoiding dual cards of either brand (more complexity = more headaches). However I will admit my only foray into dual cards was 6800GT SLI and they were nearly flawless. Still have both cards (though not in SLI).
m
0
l
April 8, 2011 4:08:31 PM

I have heard of very little issue with sli while crossfire I have heard numerous complaints over time including my own miserable expirience with moden crossfire 6870s, not worth the money I am happy with a single oc'ed 570 instead
m
0
l
April 9, 2011 9:14:03 AM

jjb8675309 said:
well I'm sorry to say but that what you get generally with amd, where is psycho gloating about his 6990s? oh yeah hes probably abandoned them already and too ashamed to admit it, crossfire drivers suck, period.


I understand that 6990's are 2 GPU's on one PCB but is that considered crossfire? Like there was a flickering issue with Crysis with AMD's crossfire, did one 6990 also have this problem?

Pretty much what I'm asking is do people that own a single 6990 have the same exact issues with drivers as those that own crossfire setups?
m
0
l
a b \ Driver
April 9, 2011 12:04:06 PM

Carc369 said:
I understand that 6990's are 2 GPU's on one PCB but is that considered crossfire?

Of course it is, dual GPU cards are SLi/Xfire on a stick and just as prone to any issues that a dual card setup may suffer from with the added issue of having a higher heat output due to having two GPU's so close together.
m
0
l
April 10, 2011 7:34:11 PM

tartupets said:
I installed 11.3 on tuesday, along with win 7 SP1...and from since, Ive had a persistant video quality issue.

So, the beginning. Installed 11.3. Laggy as hell CCC. Rolled back to 10.12. Then came the SP1 (aut. update). And then live messenger went mad and FF 4 (updated as well) lagged like hell. And finally, WMP would not play video, only audio in films.

So, 2 days later, got a new HDD, a fresh install of SP1 Win7..and now my video quality is messed up. Still, 11.3 drivers.

Videos, that have good quality, mainly DVD and 720p are now blurred and have a bit of noise in them. I've tried poking in WMP and CCC settings, but nothing.

Installed K-lite codec pack..nothing. Installed VLC player, the same issue.

REALLY hoping for an update to fix these damn issues!

-------------------------------
Intel Q9450, 4gb DDR3, Club3D 4890 OC, 700GB Hdd, Win7 SP1 6.1.7601 build 7601, CCC 11.3, driver 8.831.2.0.



Not to be mean but I dont uderstandt why your having these problems
I have Win7 Ultimate SP1 fully updated (M$ updates,Jave,Adobe etc) with latest Klite Mega
plus M$Office 2007
plus Internet Explorer 9
I use a HD4650 (going to a HD5670 ncxt month) with 11.4p drivers
I have only one glitch and that is my secondary DVI display flickers when my HD 4650 is OCd
which I only OC when playing harder games (Crysis Warhead,Bioshock 2 etc)

I have been running ati drivers (with winxp) for years with minimal issues

I have been refurbing/repairing towers since the early Pentium 4 years
and when it comes to a choice of hardware/software issues or user error
it is usually user error

"we have a ID-10-T error on this system"
m
0
l
April 11, 2011 3:49:26 AM

always do a driver sweeper or equivalent where you completely wipe the drivers and all the registry information from your computer.. the drivers will install properly.. I have a crossfire setup and I have never had a flickering issue.. sometimes the 2d and 3d clocks get stuck with some drivers.. but thats the only issues I have ever had with dual GPU setup..
m
0
l
April 11, 2011 3:59:08 PM

^ what about terrible minimum fps?
m
0
l
April 12, 2011 7:59:02 PM

Those "terrible" minumim fps you're talking about are aonly for a split second whenever you start a 3D application, but after that they settle at what they should be at.

Like for the fist two seconds of a benchmarks, there is a huge drop in the fps that goes away after the cards, as I say "settle communication", and of course it gets registered in the final results and make it look bad on the reviews, even though the average fps was very high and there were no more major drops other than the beggining, and it actually doesn't affect the gameplay experience at all.

sticking out the minimum fps as a way to diminish dual gpu setups it totally useless, heat, power, the fact that it doesnt work in all games are all valid reasons to go for a single card. but the "terrible" minimum fps in the benchmarks aren't.
m
0
l
April 12, 2011 8:18:50 PM

aside from benchmarks let me tell you that it def did not go away it was sporadic throughout gameplay, I had 6870 crossfire, but whatever.
m
0
l
April 12, 2011 10:09:46 PM

my 4850 crossfire wasn't like that on the actual gameplay.
m
0
l
April 12, 2011 11:48:11 PM

I guess maybe I'm more anal than most the problem was consistent across several driver releases
m
0
l
April 20, 2011 12:52:06 PM

So, about a weeks worth of tinkering and Windows Media Player Classic later, the problem seems to be with directX or some affiliate driver. WMP still sucks at dvd playback. Essentials codec pack fixed the missing dvd options(restrictions), nut I use WMPC for now. I unistalled the 11.3, used a driversweeper and installed 10.12.

I had a terrible flicker also, when switching to browser or desktop, from the card changing clock speeds. After an update to the card itself through windows update OPTIONAL section, the flicker went away. The clock speeds with 11.3 and unupdated 10.12 were nothing like in the BIOS layout. 500 to core, 993 to memory and 1.05V to vram.

But now, I still have issues with WMP, dvd playback and more recently, game graphics. In most cases, older, pre vista games are now limited to 1024x786 resolution. Games like underground 2 and CS 1.6 and so forth. also, UG2 in game mini map and load screen stay at the minimum resolution of 640x480. The mini map stays the same EVEN I set everything to MAX in the video section. CS 1.6 cannot find "support" for higher resolutions than 1024x786 on 4:3 and only the monitor native 1440x900 shows up in widescreen (16:9) mode. Still, newer games like crysis, crysis 2 and MW2 run fine. Could be a compatiability issue...

I do hear, that SP1 has no effect on most people computers, but in my case...I want a non-SP1 Win 7 back!
m
0
l
!