Sign in with
Your question

Which board for my i5-2500k? - Page 2

Last response: in Motherboards
June 1, 2012 9:05:42 PM

oh...I was under the impression not to do that if you are trying to POST..whoops
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 1, 2012 9:07:19 PM

m
l
June 1, 2012 9:17:58 PM

wow awesome it works! now my other problem: I do not have a usb keyboard :(  no older type plug ins on the mobo...kind of screwed lol
m
l
Related resources
June 1, 2012 9:18:57 PM

also saying CPU fan error but i have the fan plugged in to the right spot on the board...weird
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 1, 2012 9:19:27 PM

Do u have a good keyboard?

Maybe its time to get a new one : )

Or to get an adapter.
m
l
June 1, 2012 9:55:04 PM

yeah im going to be going here in about an hour to get one from radioshack or somewhere.
m
l
June 4, 2012 8:17:59 PM

What would you say about using Intel Smart Response Technology? I do have the correct SSD @60 gigs and a 1TB HDD. At first I was just going to load Windows 7 on the SSD and some main programs, but with the Smart Response, I can essentially load it off the HDD. Thoughts?
m
l
June 4, 2012 8:58:58 PM

what I'm pretty much asking is, is it better to use the SSD as a cache or should I just use the SSD for a boot drive along with some programs on it? Is it faster to use the SRT or just booting from SSD?
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 4, 2012 10:06:28 PM

SSD as a system drive. Don't use it as a cache!
m
l
June 5, 2012 1:34:20 AM

another noob question :p  on my PSU, I have 2 cables for sata power. On the 2 cables though, there are multiple sata power connectors. Can I use 2 of those sata power connectors from a single cable? or were the cables designed to power one sata device at a time and they just put multiple connectors on a single cable for ease of connection?
m
l
June 6, 2012 3:32:06 AM

got the whole comp up and running :D  issue now is that, when i plug in the internet directly to the modem, the computer still isnt recognizing the connection and keeps asking for network adapter drivers...which never came with my modem from my ISP. Ive tried resetting the modem already. starting to have a feeling this is due to the motherboard...its very frustrating. any advice?
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 6, 2012 3:51:38 AM

Yes to single cable.
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 6, 2012 3:53:22 AM

Skrail said:
got the whole comp up and running :D  issue now is that, when i plug in the internet directly to the modem, the computer still isnt recognizing the connection and keeps asking for network adapter drivers...which never came with my modem from my ISP. Ive tried resetting the modem already. starting to have a feeling this is due to the motherboard...its very frustrating. any advice?

Download the drivers from the mobo website.

What mobo did u get?
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 6, 2012 3:56:11 AM

What is the set up? wired? Wireless?
m
l
June 6, 2012 4:04:37 AM

here is my results from my device manager for things that need drivers: Ethernet Controller, PCI Simple Communication Controller, SM Bus Controller. I am pretty new to all of this :(  For the ethernet controller, does that mean the modem? and what about the PCI SCC? no idea... never needed modem drivers for any other computer lol
m
l
June 7, 2012 3:48:34 AM

Thanks Nikorr :D  appreciate all the help you have given me throughout this build :)  everything is set up and running perfectly. I will flash the BIOS probably this weekend when I can get a hold of a USB flash drive. I guess this thread can be solved :)  Thanks again!
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 7, 2012 4:06:29 AM

I am glad that it works for u : )

U don't have to flash the BIOS if all is OK.

If u flash, u can make a problem. It must be done the right way.

U don't need a USB flash drive to do the BIOS : )

U can download the BIOS and unzip it in the C:\

And than go to the BIOS and do it from there.
m
l
June 7, 2012 4:11:13 AM

Well that's a ton easier LOL..thanks haha. Didn't know I could do that. Still using Asus EZ Flash in BIOS?
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 7, 2012 4:11:48 AM

You're welcome.

I have sent u a private msg, so check it so u know where to find me if u will need anything latter.

That is a private messaging.

Check the bottom of the page for your messages.

"Send / read private messages"

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
June 7, 2012 4:12:19 AM

Did u updated all your drivers?
m
l
      • 2 / 2
!