Sign in with
Your question

MoBo not recognizing my graphics card.

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 30, 2011 12:09:21 AM

So I recently got a HIS Radeon 4670 and plugged it into my machine. After some heavy fooling around with drivers and such I still can't get output from the card. Apparently it's supposed to run without a power connector and is supposed to detect automatically. I'm running Windows 7 64 bit and have an Asus M4A88TD-M motherboard. The fan on the card is running but I don't know if that's an indicator on whether or not its running. Under my BIOs I have options in my chipset that let me fiddle with internal graphics so I've tried that but I don't really know what I'm doing in that department. Under my Internal Graphics, it gives me a bunch of options beginning with Primary Video Controller, Internal Graphics Mode, Frame Buffer Location, AMD HDMI Audio. I fooled around with the video controller and switched the option to: GFX0- GPP, IGFX, PCI since I believe GFX0 looks for PCI-E cards. There is still no input from the card so I was wondering if anyone could help.
March 30, 2011 12:56:19 AM

Are you able to get any video at all on the new card? I had a similar problem with a different card. I was able to get output but drivers would not get the resolution set. Download the HIS specialized drivers and try see if that gets the card running. If not go into your bios and make sure you set it to boot from PCIe. If not I would try contacting customer support and troubleshoot. If still nothing return the card or file for an RMA.

HIS Specialized drivers: http://www.hisdigital.com/us/download.shtml
m
l
!