Bluetooth headset

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I have an HS801 headset that I pair with a Blackberry 7100g. Is it
normal for it to randomly disconnect, and/or make a buzzing noise
before it disconnects? The motorola people told me how to do a master
reset, and said they would replace it if I still had problems, but they
of course blamed the phone and the profile.

Most of the time it works normally, but the occasional disconnect gets
very annoying.

Anyone experiencing similar problems?

Jer

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2004

Bob wrote:
> I have an HS801 headset that I pair with a Blackberry 7100g. Is it
> normal for it to randomly disconnect, and/or make a buzzing noise
> before it disconnects? The motorola people told me how to do a master
> reset, and said they would replace it if I still had problems, but they
> of course blamed the phone and the profile.
>
> Most of the time it works normally, but the occasional disconnect gets
> very annoying.
>
> Anyone experiencing similar problems?

The only time my HS810 has suffered random disconnects and noise is when
I forget to take my V551 with me when I walk away. I've long concluded
BT range is limited to the immediate area and doesn't reach to the
corner Stop n' Rob. :)

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

I have a Motorola HS820 and never had the problem you described. The only
time I have is disconnect is when I wander too far from the phone. Other
than that I have absolutely no problems.

One great feature of any of the Motorola Bluetooth Ear Pieces is that it
allows me to use Cingular Voice Connect. Since the 7100G does not have
voice dial, I use Voice Connect. For $4.99 per month all I have to do is
press the button on my earpiece and then say "John Jones at home", "Bill
Smith at work", etc and I am automatically connected. Great service. Some
other bluetooth earpieces work with this service but I have found some
(Sony) that do not work with Voice Connect

Bruce D. Brown

"Bob" <shmget@msn.com> wrote in message
>I have an HS801 headset that I pair with a Blackberry 7100g. Is it
> normal for it to randomly disconnect, and/or make a buzzing noise
> before it disconnects? The motorola people told me how to do a master
> reset, and said they would replace it if I still had problems, but they
> of course blamed the phone and the profile.
>
> Most of the time it works normally, but the occasional disconnect gets
> very annoying.
>
> Anyone experiencing similar problems?

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just wanted to update with what I learned from Motorola. Apparently,
the HS801 can be reset by doing a "master reset" sequence, which is
plugging in the charger for 5 seconds, then removing it.

I have not had a dropout since I did that technique with the Motorola
representative.

I don't think distance is the issue with mine. The phone is never more
than 3-4 feet from me, and usually only about 1 foot. I could believe
that while driving, it may pick up spurious interference from other
radio frequency sources.

So far, it has worked well, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed!