Possible shortage of DS.

I was in EB today and the manager made a statement that there were only
going to be 100,000 DSs in the release. Will people be making "speculative"
purchases for re-sell at a profit later on this? We haven't had a hard to
get, must have during a Christmas season for a couple of years.

And next week, EB will say that PSP will only cost $99...

Nintendo has officially said that they plan to have 1 million units in North
America this year. Nintendo has originally planned to ship 3.5 million
units worldwide by March next year but have upped that number to 4 million

"Dave S." <noemail@please.com> wrote in message
> I was in EB today and the manager made a statement that there were only
> going to be 100,000 DSs in the release. Will people be making
"speculative"
> purchases for re-sell at a profit later on this? We haven't had a hard to
> get, must have during a Christmas season for a couple of years.

Mike

Splendid

"Dave S." <noemail@please.com> wrote in message
>I was in EB today and the manager made a statement that there were only
> going to be 100,000 DSs in the release. Will people be making
> "speculative"
> purchases for re-sell at a profit later on this? We haven't had a hard to
> get, must have during a Christmas season for a couple of years.

An EB manager will tell you anything to try to get you to pre-order
something.

"Mike" <no@thanks.com> wrote in message
> "Dave S." <noemail@please.com> wrote in message
> >I was in EB today and the manager made a statement that there were only
> > going to be 100,000 DSs in the release. Will people be making
> > "speculative"
> > purchases for re-sell at a profit later on this? We haven't had a hard
> > get, must have during a Christmas season for a couple of years.
> >
> An EB manager will tell you anything to try to get you to pre-order
> something.

I have a pretty good relationship with this guy and I already had mine
pre-ordered when he told me. I mentioned that N was planning to have 1
million by the year end. He mentioned supply shortages for components for
manufacturing.

He may be just quoting "corporate doctrine" that eb hopes to build the hype
though.