A good Motherboard for my build

Thalefeather

Honorable
May 26, 2012
basicaly, im a first time pc builder trying to not make a un-useable mess of a gaming pc. so far ive got these parts lined up and need to know a good motherboard to go with it

i5-2500k
gtx570
8gb ddr3 ram (2x 4gbs)
650w
500g hd

while im at it, would a 64gb ssd be a good addition to that build (if it is ok as it is, i mean) because i honestly have little to no idea what a ssd does except for the fact that my friend assures me it does good things.

also any tips on things i should add cooler and case wise?

aaronstyle

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2011
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130645 Here is a motherboard suggestion. ASUS, EVGA, ASrock and GIGABYTE all make nice motherboards, too.

Make sure your RAM runs at 1.5v

What make and model is your Power Supply?

A solid state drive is like a Hard Drive on crack. It does the work differently than a platter hard drive, but gets it done much, much faster.

If you go air cooling, hyper 212 EVO is a great choice. (I use a corsair cwch 60 closed loop liquid cooling system) Zalman makes nice air coolers, too I hear.

If you go liquid cooling, I've had good experiences with my current cwch 60.

For your case, buy something that will have enough room, looks appealing to your eye, and has good functionality, too.

I bought the antec 1200 v3 case. I love it to death, 3 120 mm led intake fans. 1 220mm led exhaust on top, and 2 120 mm led exhaust on the rear.

Air flow is also important.

Thalefeather

Honorable
May 26, 2012

for 650w i go acces to a corsair txv2 or an antec ea-650 but i could look for others if thats better

so i think ill just stick to the classic hd because the ssd has such an expensive memory/price ratio (also i dont mind waiting a bit)

big case, lots of air. got it.