Solved

Is liquid cooling necessary??

I'm building my first gaming PC, so I don't know much about computer stuff =P
The setup I have in mind is:

-Case: NZXT Phantom
-Processor: Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz
-Motherboard: ASRock 890GX PRO3
-RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8
-Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6970 2Gb (single card)
-Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB
-Power Supply: SILVERSTONE ST75F-P 750W
-Cooling: CORSAIR CWCH60 Hydro Series H60
-DVD Burner: SAMSUNG SH-222AB - OEM

So what I wanted to know is if I get all six or seven fans for the Phantom case, would I really need the Corsair cooling system?? Thnx.
4 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about liquid cooling necessary
  1. If you talking about the corsair h series coolers, then the short answer is no. But what would you use in it's place? also when you liquid cool it's usually a good idea to have side fans to help cool the chipsets anyway.
  2. The corsair will be a touch quieter than seven fans at full whack lol,
    but the 'need' would be more relevant if you are overclocking, then you want to focus on the cpu cooling ofc
    Moto
  3. Best answer
    A couple of things to consider if you go with water cooling. Putting in the system is a bit of a pain. If you only overclock the CPU and insist on water cooling, the Corsair H50, H60, H70 is a good choice but there are others out there that work well. It looks like that case would work good with any of them. However the benefit of water cooling is often outweighed by the price. Check out some of the better Aircooling solutions before you commit to watercooling. You can get excellent cooling capacity for half the price.
  4. Best answer selected by iiH3R3T1C.
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Systems Product