chriss000

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
asus board p5qpl-am
ps2 ports do not work. Never did.
board seems o.k., but would like to gift system.
Its done aprox 300 hrs. Is this a problem? is it likely to 'cascade fail' later?
-Can I Trust it? Or should I keep using it for myself and build another for a gift?
Its perfect for whom I envisage but limited for myself.
If I build another pc to gift It will cost me dearly as I will need sandy or ivy bridge
for my greedy self soon. .
Does anybody know why these ports dont work? :eek:

You can still gift it. Just let the recipriant buy a usb keyboard and mouse or go wireless. And you don't need ivy bridge. It apparantly runs hotter when overclocked, and the main improvement is in the onboard video, which gamers won't use. I would check craigslist, anandtech, or this classified section and make an offer on a used sandy bridge system. Some can be had for one third off the original price.

How would I know? You may have a windows driver conflict; you can check windows device manager and see if any device drivers have a mark next to them. If they do, uninstall the device and reboot, letting windows install them again.

chriss000

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
The history as explained so far; the ps2 mouse and keyboard ports dont work. They never did. They are dead. They do not show up in windows. (7) they are not driverless, they just dont exist. I would like to know why for reason stated. Does anybody out there have experience of this rare phenominon? Any actual many system builder types who may answer with knowledge,not reply to a thread Q regarding hardware with the price of fish, or 'How would I know?" .
Any techies out there seen this before?

chriss000

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Praps not. That would put me in the exhaulted position of first poster for this problem. I can watch how the situation develops, then sell the info for vast riches enabling me to buy my kingdom back from Dominar Rygel the 16'th & go to bed with Gigi Edgley. Everyones a winner!