Sign in with
Your question

Asus p8z68-v pro / Sabertooth / asrock z77 extreme / gigabyte UD3/5H

Last response: in Motherboards
May 27, 2012 3:57:36 AM

I really need opinion here regarding the z77 mobos:

I have i-5 3570k, a little bit of OC. Just want one that don't give me problems.

1. asus p8z68-v pro
2. asrock z77 extreme 4/6
3. gigabyte UD3/5H
4. Sabertooth z77

Which one to get??

So what I found online and on newegg:

Asus p8z68 -- lots of DOA
Asrock z77 extreme -- lots of DOA
Asus Sabertooth -- bent pins don't qualify RMA
Gigabyte UD3/5H -- random freeze lock ups

Seems like no good boards for ivy bridge..... :sweat: 
a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 27, 2012 4:30:59 AM

asrock z77 extreme 6.
m
l
May 27, 2012 6:06:06 AM

xtreme5 said:
asrock z77 extreme 6.

They seem to have many reliability issues... actually most DOA complaints on newegg amongst those mentioned above, you sure? Thank you!! :) 
m
l
Related resources
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 27, 2012 6:10:27 AM

All 3 are good. I am one for ASUS.

But, since u have the latest CPU, why not get the Z77 as well.

This one is great overclocker, popular with gamer's and with great price tag : )

P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Z77

$169.99 if purchased with the i5 3570K processor if u live near Microcenter.

AMD 3-Way CrossFireX
AMD CrossFireX
AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX
NVIDIA SLI
NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 27, 2012 6:23:38 AM

And one more performer, GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H

Great mobo from Gigabyte for very good price! Comes loaded like the ASUS mobos.

I really like this board.

$10 promotional gift card w/ purchase, ends 5/28

Bluetooth 4.0 + WiFi module.

m
l
May 27, 2012 6:27:29 AM

Just thought I give a fellow youngster some input. I just finished my first build, and I have the 3570k on the GA-Z77X-UD3H with a hyper 212 evo to keep it cool. So far it has met my needs quite well. For a first time overclocking, getting to 4.2 was easy. No random freezes so far. (knock on wood) I'm not by any means saying that it's better than the others, just that I'm happy with mine.
Edit: Then again, bluetooth and wifi would have been nice to have... I have to buy that separate, but I don't need that right now anyway.
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 27, 2012 6:29:24 AM

I wouldn't worry about the freeze ups and lots of DOA .

Those will be fixed by the next BIOS release.

The amount of mobos they are selling, its still in less than few %, so its with in the margin.

Sure, it can happened that u get one dead, but there is nothing u can do about that.

I choose good maker with decent RMA service and ASUS and Gigabyte are good in service.

m
l
May 27, 2012 6:44:14 AM

jordonc said:
Just thought I give a fellow youngster some input. I just finished my first build, and I have the 3570k on the GA-Z77X-UD3H with a hyper 212 evo to keep it cool. So far it has met my needs quite well. For a first time overclocking, getting to 4.2 was easy. No random freezes so far. (knock on wood) I'm not by any means saying that it's better than the others, just that I'm happy with mine.
Edit: Then again, bluetooth and wifi would have been nice to have... I have to buy that separate, but I don't need that right now anyway.

Thanks a lot for sharing your thought! I love both the p8z77 asus and the UD5H boards, work well with my planned black/blue theme water cooling, I guess I shouldn't be this paranoid by the reviews lol
m
l
May 27, 2012 6:46:14 AM

nikorr said:
I wouldn't worry about the freeze ups and lots of DOA .

Those will be fixed by the next BIOS release.

The amount of mobos they are selling, its still in less than few %, so its with in the margin.

Sure, it can happened that u get one dead, but there is nothing u can do about that.

I choose good maker with decent RMA service and ASUS and Gigabyte are good in service.

You are right, thanks for making this thread :) . I will go ahead and settle on the Gigabyte UD5H, best reviewed by tom's!
m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 27, 2012 6:48:06 AM

cashflows said:
Thanks a lot for sharing your thought! I love both the p8z77 asus and the UD5H boards, work well with my planned black/blue theme water cooling, I guess I shouldn't be this paranoid by the reviews lol

Remember, usually people who have the problem, they write and comment.

People that have no issues, they don't complain : )

They must sell thousands of these boards and they have maybe a 100 or so reviews.

m
l
a c 328 V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
May 27, 2012 6:50:04 AM

Yep, good choice UD5 is way above the UD3 line.

Great cooler and near 5GHz is at home : )

Water H100 would take u there.
m
l
May 27, 2012 6:50:13 AM

nikorr said:
Remember, usually people who have the problem, they write and comment.

People that have no issues, they don't complain : )

They must sell thousands of these boards and they have maybe a 100 or so reviews.

Totally agree. Thanks a lot guys! Will post a some pics when I'm done building!
m
l
October 11, 2012 11:31:38 PM

nikorr said:
All 3 are good. I am one for ASUS.

But, since u have the latest CPU, why not get the Z77 as well.

This one is great overclocker, popular with gamer's and with great price tag : )

P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Z77

$169.99 if purchased with the i5 3570K processor if u live near Microcenter.

AMD 3-Way CrossFireX
AMD CrossFireX
AMD Quad-GPU CrossFireX
NVIDIA SLI
NVIDIA Quad-GPU SLI
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml...

http://cache.futurelooks.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/ASUS-P8Z77-V-PRO-Motherboard-1.jpg

What would you say about the ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155 Z77 ATX Intel Motherboard for the i5-3570k?
m
l
December 16, 2012 6:08:00 AM

jordonc said:

I have that same processor and aftermarket heat sink, tell me how it does, i'm planning either to get a UD3H or the UD5H xD.
I'm returning my asrock extreme 3, i should got a extreme 4 but oh well, going to for way better one! :D 
m
l
December 16, 2012 6:45:01 AM

Asus Z77 V-Pro is a good board as Nikorr mentioned & it has a great user exp. in my book far as UEFI & Software PKG. Those ASRock boards are rock solid also, with a good UEFI. Extreme 6 is the best bang for the buck out the one's you mentioned. I personally like the Gigabyte 5H, I've been reading up on that board a lot in the last few days. Great Board, but their UEFI lacks to Asus & Asrock...
m
l
!