Watching G4-TechTV mention of a new Gameboy SP after DS is..

So I was watching the old TechTv when they showed the DS being demonstrated
by a Nintendo rep. She mentioned as a sidelight that there will be a new
"gameboy sp" after the introduction of the DS. Does anyone know anything
about this?

Also does the DS media look very similar to a SD memory card to anyone else?
4 answers Last reply
More about watching techtv mention gameboy

    Probably mis-information.

    Anthony R <junk999<nospam)@shaw.ca> spewed:
    > Probably mis-information.

    She appeared to just use the term "another gameboy advance SP" as a more
    generic term for the next version of GBA.

    --
    The Toe Pages:
    http://www.rubbertoe.com

    On Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:52:02 GMT, "Dave S." <noemail@please.com>
    wrote:

    >So I was watching the old TechTv when they showed the DS being demonstrated
    >by a Nintendo rep. She mentioned as a sidelight that there will be a new
    >"gameboy sp" after the introduction of the DS. Does anyone know anything
    >about this?

    It could easily just mean more colors. Its also quite possible that
    they'll do some hardware revisions (probably mostly minor) to make it
    cheaper to produce so they could drop the price even further (<= $50)
    so they can position it as a impulse purchase toy.

    wrote:

    >So I was watching the old TechTv when they showed the DS being demonstrated
    >by a Nintendo rep. She mentioned as a sidelight that there will be a new
    >"gameboy sp" after the introduction of the DS. Does anyone know anything
    >about this?
    >
    >Also does the DS media look very similar to a SD memory card to anyone else?

    Nintendo has said all along that the DS is not the next Gameboy and
    that the Gameboy line will continue in parallel to the DS line. I'm
    sure she was talking about the next product in the Gameboy line.

Console Gaming Gameboy Nintendo Video Games